Any members from Barstow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dic

I lived in the Las Vegas area and commuted to Los Angeles at least three times a month and monitored the CHP for the entire ride. (For those who have never done the ride, there is very little else to keep one awake).

Oddly enough I find myself missing the ride and the listening.
Is there anyone from Barstow that might want to host an audio feed of the Barstow CHP?

I am sure I am not the only person who commuted to LV from LA.
:)

Moderators, if this is the wrong place to post this (it might possibly belong on the "Host an Audio Feed" page), could you possibly leave a copy of it for the possible CA resident that might not know about the other page.

Thanks
Dic
N1XBA

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
+1. I used to live and work in the Barstow/Baker area for the county. I communicated with Barstow CHP all the time, and I DO miss listening to them out there. There is also no audio feed for SBSD's System 2 (the Barstow and north desert area), so that would be nice as well.

dic

Hey David

At least I'm not alone in missing those communications.

A question: Since you worked for the County and with the CHP, do you have a listing (or listings) for the breakdown of the patrol zones for I 15 and I 40? I went for a number of ride alongs with the CHP and got a copy of the zones (they were broken down by exit names) but cannot find it.

Thanks
Dic

scotty

I Was Born And Raised in Barstow,Lived there for 35 years until i moved to Great Falls,Montana.i know the CHP Is Upgrading their radios going to a steer voter system.i know that the san bernardino valley CHP uses the 39 mhz (39.26 with a CT of 118.8)

Last edited:

scottinaz

Can anyone help me find a System 5 feed for the Needles Ca Area, (sheriff and fire ) ? any help is greatly appreciated :)

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I can give you a real basic off-the-cuff overview. It may not be exact but it'll get you in the ballpark.

I-15: Starts at Wildwash with 73-70. Works north through Barstow (not sure where 70 and 71 beat boundaries meet). 73-72 starts about Fort Irwin or Daggett-Yermo Rd and runs to about Harvard Rd. 73-73 goes from there to Afton Canyon. 73-74 Goes from Afton Cyn to Hwy 127 in Baker. 73-75 is Hwy 127 to Halloran Summit. 73-76, 77, and 78 are resident officers at Mtn Pass and cover from the Summit to Stateline.

I-40: I don't know the exact beat boundaries, but 73-43 used to cover the first stretch of I-40 east from Barstow, 73-47 covers out to about Kelbaker Road, where Needles takes over. I have no idea what Needles' beats are, but common sense would suggest that 114-40 starts at AZ state line and goes out to 140-44 at Kelbaker.

Any other number series other than 70's and 40's are most likely area beats (ie: surface streets or two-lane highways).

Hope that helps

David

Hey David

At least I'm not alone in missing those communications.

A question: Since you worked for the County and with the CHP, do you have a listing (or listings) for the breakdown of the patrol zones for I 15 and I 40? I went for a number of ride alongs with the CHP and got a copy of the zones (they were broken down by exit names) but cannot find it.

Thanks
Dic

techman210

huh?

And this means.... what?

You replied to a post that was 5 years old, and the link you provided had nothing to do with the CHP.

As a previous poster mentioned, there is transmitter steering in that area, and no one feed will likely cover that area. It would take a provider centrally located, or at least a two providers at each end of the coverage area.

Status
Not open for further replies.