Any Nascar teams using digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just sitting here watching the Brickyard 400 and I saw several shots of Jeff Gordon's crew and I could swear they had MotoTRBO portables on their belts. Now I know driver/spotter/crew chief comms are analog but are some of the other guys running digital I wonder? I know it's not uncommon for a team to have the guys behind the wall and back in the garage on a separate channel. I'm headed to Michigan in a few weeks.... I'm curious to see what turns up in some searches.

*edit* I see from a little reading in the Wiki that the Nascar officials are mainly running TRBO now, so perhaps the crew is carrying TRBO portables for team to offical's communications.

Last edited:

mdulrich

Feed Provider
It was said on Junior's Hotpass channel that the team uses a digital system for in pit communications in addition to the radio system used for communications with the car and spotter.

Mike

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
This subject was brought up at the beginning of the year. "In Pit" communications can be whatever they want, but the communications between the driver & crew are in analog - that way NASCAR can communicate with them (because if they had digital, NASCAR would have to be provided with a radio, but instead, their radio's will have all the drivers channels in them). Only a few of the channels that NASCAR uses are in digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.