any new news on scottsbluff county's new system build out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
has there been any new news on Scottsbluff county?

i so far haven't seen any new FCC licenses pop up yet for the new proposed 800 MHz TRS Scottsbluff is building.

also does anyone know what agencies besides all the area police that will migrate to the new system?

any ideas what agencies (if any) besides PD's that are going encrypted?

anybody on here in the know about the new system progress and what the final product is going to look like?

as a side note: i'm curious since i haven't seen any new licenses pop up yet if the county just decided to forgo building out their own system and decided to directly migrate to the state TRS?

W0JJK

The Gibbon tower is built and has antennas on it. I drove past it two weeks ago.

The Ravenna tower is in the FAA Determination database and doesn't need a a site number. I don't know if it has been built, as I went west of Kearney.

As for the site numbers, the 3 site simulcast in Kearney should be 1 site number and then other 5 non simulcast sites will be 5 different site numbers.

I had a brief discussion with someone who is in the know on the new Scotts Bluff county public safety radio system.

We now have a clearer idea of how the new system will be implemented.

the current news is that PD will be on an 800 TRS and fully encrypted, Fire will be a mixture of VHF and 800 TRS and page out channels will be unencrypted but fire will have access to encrypted TAC channels, EMS will stay on the systems they are currently on.

licenses have been filed but they just haven't showed up in the FCC Database yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.