Any (new) News on the Mercer County P25 System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetskiman98

Has anyone heard any new news on the P25 system in Mercer County. I'm curious about what the hold up with releasing it's uses is. Thanks.

jetskiman98

robbinsj2

I haven't been able to monitor it for a couple months -- I was waiting for anyone who has been monitoring it more recently to post.

Back in March all I was hearing was the OEM roll-call on the TGID mentioned in the database, occasional chit-chat between what I think was an OEM mobile unit and central on those same talkgroups, and occasional encrypted comms on another talkgroup. I think it was in the 30s and I assumed it was the prosecutor. There wasn't enough use of it to make me suspect the prosecutor was using it for most or all comms, though.

Jim

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Heard some transmissions today at 3 PM on TG 48, related to a fire in Princeton. Have some radios been installed?

robbinsj2

From what I've heard there have been a handful of installs, mostly for the Prosecutor and/or OEM, but no full switch to it for any department. Last time I checked the Hightstown tower was in a license-saver mode with a separate control channel but no traffic.

From time to time there is some interesting chat on it so it's a good idea to keep it in the scan list. But if you're on the fence, don't go out and buy a digital scanner yet just for this system.

Jim

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Heard some traffic on TG 48 again today at 1925 hours, general chit chat, no call signs used. Couldn't get radio ID's, heard on a 996T.

Status
Not open for further replies.