Any one following the P3 off cost of california

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
Yes they have been there for a couple days. P8 Poseidon units also active but I am on east coast so cannot monitor.

Hooligan

The deployed resources should be talking to BEAVER (FACSFAC) for airspace coordination & safety of flight, probably on HF if at low altitudes, & have a discrete VHF/UHF circuit for the players on-scene, but the operational AWS-type comms should be on secure SATCOM these days.

lucky43113

The deployed resources should be talking to BEAVER (FACSFAC) for airspace coordination & safety of flight, probably on HF if at low altitudes, & have a discrete VHF/UHF circuit for the players on-scene, but the operational AWS-type comms should be on secure SATCOM these days.

very long shot but is there anything I can do to be able to monitor these types of communications even though I'm an east coaster

kma371

QRT
Liveatc.net might have a feed. You can try there. Other than that, I doubt it.

Hooligan

very long shot but is there anything I can do to be able to monitor these types of communications even though I'm an east coaster

I'm just making educated guesses here.

If you have HF/SSB capability, look-up & monitor BEAVER HF freqs, though they could be on a discrete one and/or using secure voice if this is a real-world situation. Likewise, the Tactical Support Center there at NAS North Island isn't too terribly far away comms-wise & may still have HF/SSB capability. They & a Navy Intel center in Maryland should be the the main shore commands that the ASW platforms are communicating with -- but again, should be via satellite circuits. The ASW assets could be pretending to be searching for the target simply to not give-away the fact that the target is being tracked, by those ASW platforms or other means.

Status
Not open for further replies.