Any PC Interface Software For the BCD536HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcisive

I was just wondering if there exists out there software that would allow one to plug in their 536 base scanner to their PC and enjoy all the interface with info details and scanning and adjustments via the PC. Much like Siren I suppose but in this case on a PC. I'm thinking the answer is probably no, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of one or if they are even thinking about such a software. I like the idea of being able to work and view all aspects of it happening in real time on a large screen and perhaps even interfacing with my audio system on my PC. Wouldn't that be fun

garys

Premium Subscriber
ARC536 Pro has a Virtual Control function.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I was just wondering if there exists out there software that would allow one to plug in their 536 base scanner to their PC and enjoy all the interface with info details and scanning and adjustments via the PC. Much like Siren I suppose but in this case on a PC. I'm thinking the answer is probably no, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of one or if they are even thinking about such a software. I like the idea of being able to work and view all aspects of it happening in real time on a large screen and perhaps even interfacing with my audio system on my PC. Wouldn't that be fun

They don't do absolutely everything but these two have good virtual control capabilities.

ProScan - ProScan
ARC536 - Software for Uniden BCD436HP BCD536HP

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Here's a link to ProScan serving a BCD536HP. Log in with password 3 for remote control

http://47.148.160.195:5000/

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Both have very good Pros, for Remote control Proscan is the winner, you dont even have to control the 536 with a cable you can use Wifi with proscan and its as reliable as the cable

dcisive

I'm Trying Out ProScan BUT

For the life of me I can NOT get the sound to transfer from the radio to my computer. I've set all the Audio settings to where I believe they should be, but all the volume does is set the volume output of the radio itself. So far I'm loving the look and functions of this software, BUT I can't get the audio doing what I believe it should be doing. Any suggestions here guys?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
For the life of me I can NOT get the sound to transfer from the radio to my computer. I've set all the Audio settings to where I believe they should be, but all the volume does is set the volume output of the radio itself. So far I'm loving the look and functions of this software, BUT I can't get the audio doing what I believe it should be doing. Any suggestions here guys?

Are you using Wi-Fi?

First you setup the scanner W-Fi Setup. I use Infrastructure.

ProScan Steps:
1. Go to Audio Control tab. Pick either one or more Recorder, Source, Client, Web Server, RSOIP. If not going to stream, I would pick the Recorder.

2. Click the Input Sound Device box and choose URL.

3.Click the URL Setup box and enter in the IP of your scanner like this
rtsp://192.168.1.157/au:scanner.au
Using your own IP address of course

4. If working you should see the TCP and UDP Not Connected messages go out, Bytes RX and TX count increment, green audio level indicator move.

5. To hear the audio in the computer speaker, click the Monitor & Test tab, choose Recorder or the service selected in step 1, and click the Loopback button.

Last edited:

dcisive

Sure sounded like a good idea. Did exactly as you wrote. It made sense as it said what you said it would.........unfortunately no sound from the computer. Hmmm

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Sure sounded like a good idea. Did exactly as you wrote. It made sense as it said what you said it would.........unfortunately no sound from the computer. Hmmm

Are the Bytes RX and TX incrementing?
Do you see the audio level meter (color Green) change?

dcisive

The Bytes RX and TX in the box where you set the IP address and get those two warnings you mentioned you WILL get when it's working are flying all over well and good. There is NO movement of the thin green line in the box if that's what you are referring to as the audio level. It's dead straight and doesn't move

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The Bytes RX and TX in the box where you set the IP address and get those two warnings you mentioned you WILL get when it's working are flying all over well and good. There is NO movement of the thin green line in the box if that's what you are referring to as the audio level. It's dead straight and doesn't move

Setup should show like this. Notice the Green Level Meter. It will show a level when audio is present.

Attachments

• URL.png
    URL.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 553

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I got a message "Wi-Fi Audio NOT connected to the Scanner, must resolve before running web server". Hmm so what does THIS mean?

That means you started the Web Server without first configuring the Audio. If using the Web Server, go to the Audio Control tab and select the Web Server then choose URL as the Input Device.

dcisive

OK I went back to all those sources and reset everything to Resource Client and ALL the meters are kicking nice green activities. BUT I still hear nothing from the computer, it's all coming from the scanner itself. How strange.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK I went back to all those sources and reset everything to Resource Client and ALL the meters are kicking nice green activities. BUT I still hear nothing from the computer, it's all coming from the scanner itself. How strange.

I'm not sure what you mean by "OK I went back to all those sources and reset everything to Resource Client" but it's working.

Go to the Monitor & Test tab and choose Web Server (or any of the services using) and click the loopback box.

Status
Not open for further replies.