Any person/store that will install a Discriminator Tap for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilAirNJ

I have zero technical skills what so ever! Is anyone familiar with anyone or any place that will install a discriminator tap on your scanner. Or any store that sells them with a tap already installed?

Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I had the gentleman that runs this website put a tap in for me and worked like a champ...

Discriminator Tap Modification Services

Click on the about link at the bottom of the home page for his email...

and here's another possibility - in both cases, email beforehand - a lost email is a whole lot cheaper than a lost scanner...

Home Page

HTH...Mike

dic

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Excuse me for hijacking this thread.

I have seen references to a discriminator tap on this website somewhere and (at one time) was interested in installing one in my 396xt, but can't remember why.
Could it have had something to do with living in Florida?

Anyway, could someone give a me a one or two sentence explanation that might jog my memory?

Thank you

Dic
N1XBA

SCPD

QRT
MILAIRNJ: I can do a tap for you without any issues if you would like me to. What radio are you trying to tap?

Thanks
Mike

SCPD

QRT
MILAIRNJ: I can do a tap for you without any issues if you would like me to. What radio are you trying to tap?

Thanks
Mike

Despite Mike's funny handle, I can vouch for him -- he's a good guy and will take care of you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.