Any place to find parts no longer available from radio shack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mh34444

I bought a PRO-82 for $30 from the shack that was missing the battery compartment cover. The radio shack looked it up and said the part is no longer available through them. Any suggestions or is it black electrical tape for me?

mh34444

Sorry.. I forgot to add "other than ebay" to my original message :roll:

MacombMonitor

mh34444 said:
I bought a PRO-82 for $30 from the shack that was missing the battery compartment cover. The radio shack looked it up and said the part is no longer available through them. Any suggestions or is it black electrical tape for me?

Your Radio Shack people are pissing on you, and telling you it's raining!
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049661&cp=2032052.2032072&parentPage=family

The PRO-82 is still a current model on their web site! It's not even on clearance. I'm quite certain parts are still available. I would ask to speak to the manager, or call another store. This is just another example of people being lazy and not wanting to do their job. The person who told you that should be fired, and make room for someone who wants to work. :mad:

kc7vtr

Almost as bad is parts for current models that are backordered and the RS droid can't tell you when they expect to have them in stock again. (yellow battery holder for Pro-96)

KLH

Feed Provider
kc7vtr said:
Almost as bad is parts for current models that are backordered and the RS droid can't tell you when they expect to have them in stock again. (yellow battery holder for Pro-96)
If something is out of stock, then RS employees have no way of knowing when they will be back in stock.

kc7vtr

KLH said:
If something is out of stock, then RS employees have no way of knowing when they will be back in stock.

Actually I was talking about the order taker at their 800 number. She didn't know either. To be fair they may not have an expected date. But still, parts for a current product ought to be available.

KLH

Feed Provider
kc7vtr said:
The yellow battery holder is IN-Stock according to my computer.

12228805 HOLDER ASSY FOR RECHG. BTRY'S $5.99 In Stock

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
KLH said:
The yellow battery holder is IN-Stock according to my computer.

12228805 HOLDER ASSY FOR RECHG. BTRY'S $5.99 In Stock

I think he was asking about 12266466 COVER BATTERY DB90577

KLH

Feed Provider
Ah, okay, in that case it is out of stock.

And just for fun, I called someone in Ft. Worth to see when it would be back in stock, and they had no ETA. :/

kc7vtr

I'm the one that mentioned the yellow batttery holder. Thanks for the info. When I called over the weeked I was told out of stock and no ETA.

VintageJon

Hummm, black gaffer-tape may be the short-term answer...

Duck, Masking,Packing,Scotch would also work- but the black gaffer would look better...

Hope you find one,
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.