Any Plainfield CT monitors out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Wife and I have been discussing an eventual move from RI to CT. She mentioned Plainfield. We want to get away from the city life and move to a quieter place. I may have driven thru Plainfield years ago traveling down route 12. I mentioned to my wife where ever we move I would like to look for a house preferably in a high elevation. She is cool with that. I told her that I wouldnt need such tall masts! I have no clue what there is to monitor in eastern CT except for the occasional QV Danielson fire traffic.
Can someone enlighten me if Plainfield is an adequate monitoring area? Of course the main priority is looking for a house we like. Kids are grown and we need to downsize to maybe a 2 bedroom ranch. Maybe on a small 1/4 acre lot. But not in any sub division with lots of barking dogs and squawking kids. We sorta decided on Plainville because anything south is too far from family and going north, I used to live in Danielson back about 15 years ago, and I can't see living there again. But when I lived there I wasn't into scanners. So I have no clue whats to listen over there. Is Plainfield cursed with the same BIG HIGH RIDGE that 395 runs north/south on? That was the problem in Danielson, if I was into scanners at the time, but that huge rise in the land blocks everything from the east. I'd still like to be able to listen to RISCON here in RI, at least one of the sites but not sure you can hear that in Plainfield.

Reconrider

Which one did you decide? PlainVILLE and plainFIELD are different parts of the state. If you want Plainfield, you should be able to hit a tower. If you mean Plainville, you might need a high power yagi that’s directional so you can point it to one.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Which one did you decide? PlainVILLE and plainFIELD are different parts of the state. If you want Plainfield, you should be able to hit a tower. If you mean Plainville, you might need a high power yagi that’s directional so you can point it to one.
Sorry I get my "villes" and "fields" mixed up.....It is PLAINFIELD.....near the RI border.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Plainfield PD itself is UHF, with a very high repeater location. You can hear them almost into Hartford on most days.
That's a scenic, "under the radar" part of the country, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.