Any possibility of Siren update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have been more than super duper happy with my $10 Win500 Android app I use to control (fully!) my Pro197 scanner while I am out working as a TV news photographer. I would plunk down $500 for a similar Android or iOS app for the 536HP, 996P2, or even the TRX-2...I will REQUIRE this capability when my county goes Phase II, as my current remote system is only good for Phase I.

Kickstarter or GoFundMe anyone, to hire someone to make a usable 536HP remote app? :)

Paul

It's already been done. My signature shows a "ProScan Web Server" link using any Browser.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Sorry, Android or iOS app. In the field, I use the Win500 Android app to turn on and control a PRO197, and I have 3 additional PRO197's feeding into a mini mixer with primary FD dispatch channels and such...they hit my phone, then feed my ear via Bluetooth while I am out on scenes shooting news video..MUCH CONVENIENT!

paul

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Sorry, Android or iOS app. In the field, I use the Win500 Android app to turn on and control a PRO197, and I have 3 additional PRO197's feeding into a mini mixer with primary FD dispatch channels and such...they hit my phone, then feed my ear via Bluetooth while I am out on scenes shooting news video..MUCH CONVENIENT!

paul

I think it's better using a browser verses a special app so the Remote Control with Virtual Scanner will work on all platforms.

N0BDW

Would love to see something like ProScan for Mac. Want to be able to view multiple 536 scanner screens from Mac and listen to audio mixed as selected (e.x. scanner A in right ear, scanner B in left ear), primarily. Control and programming would also be handy, but secondary for my needs.

Lots of respect for your work Bob. Just wish it was available on Mac. Do understand why you personally don't take that on though.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Would love to see something like ProScan for Mac. Want to be able to view multiple 536 scanner screens from Mac and listen to audio mixed as selected (e.x. scanner A in right ear, scanner B in left ear), primarily. Control and programming would also be handy, but secondary for my needs.

Lots of respect for your work Bob. Just wish it was available on Mac. Do understand why you personally don't take that on though.

Me too. Only thing holding it back is TIME and lots of it. I estimate it would take me 8 years working 60 hours a week to get it done. What about the other items I want to do. People are suppose to wait 8 years for request? We have to get real now. It may be faster like a couple of hours using something like Parallels for MAC or that other program that I can't remember the name. I have to look at the big picture.

N0BDW

Me too. Only thing holding it back is TIME and lots of it. I estimate it would take me 8 years working 60 hours a week to get it done. What about the other items I want to do. People are suppose to wait 8 years for request? We have to get real now. It may be faster like a couple of hours using something like Parallels for MAC or that other program that I can't remember the name. I have to look at the big picture.

Yep -- like I said -- totally understand why you don't take on additional platforms.

Unfortunately running Windows is not a great solution for me, so if someone comes along with a Mac solution I'll be happy to pay them for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.