Any Print capabilities on Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobytwo

I just downloaded the trial software for the PSRedit500 and did not see where I could print out the info, Do I have to purchase the software to print it out or is this option available ? If it is not possible ,do any of the other programs for the GRE 500 make it possible to print out the info? Thanks in advance for any help... I just noticed I put this in the wrong software section & dont know how to move it . Sorry!

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded the trial software for the PSRedit500 and did not see where I could print out the info, Do I have to purchase the software to print it out or is this option available ? If it is not possible ,do any of the other programs for the GRE 500 make it possible to print out the info? Thanks in advance for any help... I just noticed I put this in the wrong software section & dont know how to move it . Sorry!
I did not see a way to do exactly that in PSREdit500, but I used a fairly easy work-around:

In PSREdit500, click on "Information"
Then choose "Export Scanlist Listing" from the drop-down.
That will create a text file showing only the scan lists and their text tags

Then, click on the "Scanlist Listing" tab. Make sure "all scannable objects is the option showing. (Note that on this tab, you can add or remove columns shown before proceeding to the copy/paste below.)

Select all objects on that page with the Windows 'Select All' command, <CTRL>+<A>
All objects (including the ones out of sight) would now be selected.
Copy to clipboard with <CTRL>+<C>

Now, I used Excel, but you probably could use any other office type program that offered a spreadsheet.
I dropped down far enough to allow room to insert the scanlist table from the "Information" menu, then selected a left side cell & pasted the clipboard with the standard <CTRL>+<V>.
(Yes, I really did this sort of backwards, because at this point, I went back & copied the text file/scanlists & pasted those into the spreadsheet above the object listings. But it works either way.)
Using Excel, I went back and adjusted the width on a couple of columns, so that it would fit a normal page width.

To see how that looks, see this post. I created a file for another member, and also "printed" the information in the file into a *.pdf file. See this post.

Trying the same "copy" routine on the same 'all objects' page in Win500 is not putting information onto the clipboard (for me) that will transfer to another text or spreadsheet program for pasting. I don't have ARC500, so no idea if there is an option, or work-around for it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
There's a potential with the PSR-500 where printing the data could take upwards of 25 pages. There's just too much data there to print.

Mike
Exactly why I "printed" it into a *.pdf file. That was a relatively small programming file, about 250 or so 'objects', but it was still 8 pages worth (if I had printed to paper). My DFW area file is about 5 times that, in terms of objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.