Any programs handle Uni-XT "non radio" GPS Location Info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Premium Subscriber
I searched the threads but didn't see any reference, so I'm going to stick my toe in the water and ask...

Do any of the software programs for Uniden XT's provide a method to enter/edit "non-radio" GPS locations to sound the alert for Dangerous X-ing's and POI's?

For quite a while I've used the GPS feature for enabling / disabling systems as I roam around the county but only recently started playing with the location-based "non-radio" features. I've entered some of them manually and it provides a nice (noisy) reminder to me that the driver ahead might slam on the brakes when the traffic signal goes amber because the intersection has "red light / right turn on red" cameras. We have about 8 intersections in the area that are equipped with these and there is a lot of hype in the media "for" and "against" this type of enforcement. I get a bleep-alert far enough away from the POI to stay on my toes. (Of course, you could use it for other productive stuff, like warning you when you are in proximity of a Donut shop, too.)

The pro's/con's to the cameras is NOT the intent of my thread -- I just want to take advantage of the features that are already in the GPS-equipped radio. Right now I'm doing it manually, but would like to get it in a program so that it's able to be backed up (or even shared).

Anyway, I looked in my copies of ARCXT-PRO, FreeScan, and ProScan but can't find any reference to editing the "non-radio" GPS location features for "Dangerous Crossings / Points of Interest". As I recall, when I programmed my old 996T using UASD those features were available in that program. (Who knew that UASD had any kind of 'edge'?)

Am I missing it in these programs or was it omitted due to lack of much interest?
Somebody with younger eyes than mine might be able to help out an old guy.
Thanks.
\/ern.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
In ProScan, It's located in the Location Alert section of the in the Database tab.

Adds, deletes, and editing of the POI, Dangerous Xing, and Dangerous Road is done there.

Last edited:

Vern

Premium Subscriber
See, that's why I had to ask... couldn't see the forest for the trees.
I left ProScan set for the 396T model after doing some edits on that radio and it doesn't have that feature so ProScan didn't have that tab displayed. I never switched the model type back over to the 996XT.

Thanks for the direction, I have it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.