Any reason to upgrade in Stamford CT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
I've been using a PRO-649 (or similar) over the last 6-7 years. Note that I haven't really kept up with the latest technology in radio.

That said, I thoroughly enjoy picking up Stamford FD... I've been thinking about upgrading to a newer radio (either TRX-1 or BCD436HP or HP-2) to listen in on more talkgroups... I have no way to tell, but it sounds like most comms are encrypted. Can anyone verify that, and is there any point in upgrading in Stamford? Just looking for some pointers from anyone who has experience around here. Many thanks.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Stamford FD & Town services are all in the clear. PD is encrypted.

I use a BCD996P2 and it sounds great, I think the portable version is the BCD352P2.

I have a TRX-2 and its an ok scanner, just not up to the standards of the Uniden yet

cg

Premium Subscriber
I think Jon typo'ed, the handheld is a Uniden 325P2. Seems decent, some issues that they are working to get squared away with the firmware and DMR and now Motorola CC only trunktracking during a search.

chris

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
Stamford FD & Town services are all in the clear. PD is encrypted.

I use a BCD996P2 and it sounds great, I think the portable version is the BCD352P2.

I have a TRX-2 and its an ok scanner, just not up to the standards of the Uniden yet

Great thanks - Still havent chosen but probably going to go with the BCD436HP. What I don't understand is that most of the Stamford police talkgroups don't have the 'E' (encrypted) designation - for instance the dispatch TG. Is radioreference's DB inaccurate, or am I missing something?

thanks again.

APX7500X2

Is radioreference's DB inaccurate, or am I missing something? .

Not missing anything.

The Stamford TGs in the database were submitted 10 years ago from the bid you could get on line, 90% of them are not in the system.

I have a very accurate list after 10 years of listening.

I sent updates to the database twice in the last 10 years but someone who knows the system "very well" keeps sending in the wrong info

They need to wipe out all the TGs and just put the confirmed ones in the database. The new FD ones are correct

Status
Not open for further replies.