Any recent new updates for woodstock ontario police scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimmerboy

Hi there and good day! I was just curious if there has been any new updates on the woodstock police encryption? I know its P25 control channel but was just curious if there is anything out there yet for scanners that can possible to catch? Thanx to all who replies back,.........................

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Encryption

Hi there and good day! I was just curious if there has been any new updates on the woodstock police encryption? I know its P25 control channel but was just curious if there is anything out there yet for scanners that can possible to catch? Thanx to all who replies back,.........................

If they are going to use encryption then your out of luck as far as listening to them, there are no scanners that will decode encrypted comms.
Steve

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
There is no control channel either... it's a straight conventional system using P25. And as the others mentioned, they are encrypted full time. The only way you will ever hear them again is if they have difficulties of some sort and need to disable the encryption for some reason. No scanner, never ever ever, will receive an encrypted transmission.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Not sure what exactly you are asking... but I assume you are wondering if there are any scanners you can use for Woodstock police. In a nutshell: no. They are encrypted, meaning the only way you will ever hear them is if you are unfortunate enough to be in the back of a cruiser haha. No scanner will ever be on the market that can monitor encrypted transmissions.

VE3JSO

you never know it could be like sarnia police where every so often the encryption will go down for a bit ether by tech difficulties or an officer takes it off by mistake

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yes, that can happen from time to time.... but for every day listening it's not gonna happen I'm afraid.

I do not know much about it Mike but i know when i send my p25 radio out to be programmed and give them the RR freq plus tell them for example it is AES-OFB it comes back and I can hear them. not sure what he does but it works. Is it possible it is a fluke? i really don't know

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
So you are saying you have a radio that can currently, right now, receive Woodstock Police? If that is true, I certainly wouldn't be mentioning it here as it will certainly garner some attention and possibly a visit from some guys in suits. But I flat out do not see how this is possible. Yes, they are encrypted but the department most likely has their own key loader and keeps all that sort of stuff in house. The odds of some guy guessing their key is flat out zero. Again, *if* you have a working radio your programmer either has inside info from someone or he is the luckiest key guesser in the world.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I do not know much about it Mike but i know when i send my p25 radio out to be programmed and give them the RR freq plus tell them for example it is AES-OFB it comes back and I can hear them. not sure what he does but it works. Is it possible it is a fluke? i really don't know

Exactly which department are you listening to?

I don't believe for a second you're listening to anything that's encrypted. You do realize that the encryption you're talking about is key based and without the key, you can't listen? These keys are too long for somebody to guess at and agencies do not just give them out.

There is also no such thing as AES-OFB encryption.

No it is not Woodstock Police I currently have programmed, i Wanted Woodstock Police. What I had programmed was Williamson County (texas) where my sister lives and it was encrypted and works fine, but maybe the company that programmed my radio already had this info i dont know. all i know is i got it back and it worked.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No it is not Woodstock Police I currently have programmed, i Wanted Woodstock Police. What I had programmed was Williamson County (texas) where my sister lives and it was encrypted and works fine, but maybe the company that programmed my radio already had this info i dont know. all i know is i got it back and it worked.

Oooook.... That's a different deal. Who knows what went on with the programming for your radio on that system. But I can tell you with 100% certainty that you won't be able to get a working radio on London or Woodstock (or any other encrypted system around here) unless you are awfully good buddies with the guy that holds the KVL.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I took a look at the Williamson County system in the database and the majority of the groups on that system are not encrypted. If however you were listening to some of the encrypted stuff (looks like all Williamson County Fire is encrypted) then obviously whoever programmed your radio had access to the keyloader and appropriate info... and did you a HUGE favour.

ordnance

Premium Subscriber
You sure? I've been to Woodstock multiple times over the past months and haven't once heard anything in the clear.

I thought so too so haven't really bothered to listen to it for long in the past. Decided to camp on it today to confirm: In the last ~3-4 hours I've heard two intelligible words, "go ahead". Otherwise, the city is policed by R2D2 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.