Any scanner retailers that offer credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
About 3 years ago I bought a Dell laptop on credit and it allowed me to pay it off over time. Are there any scanner retailers that allow you to buy a GRE PSR-500 and make payments?

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Gilligan said:
About 3 years ago I bought a Dell laptop on credit and it allowed me to pay it off over time. Are there any scanner retailers that allow you to buy a GRE PSR-500 and make payments?

Just use a credit card

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack does on any purchase over $199, But it's really just a credit card that can only be used at RS. Ebay has financing on anythng over like $200 or 250, but again I think it's just a credit card through PayPal.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Plenty of them do. You send them 50 low payments of $10, and upon receipt of the 50th payment, they send you the scanner! :D

Seriously, look at it from the retailer's point of view. There's so little markup in scanners these days that if you offered them on a "rent-to-own" basis it would be easy for one deadbeat to kill any profit margin you might have had. No one's going to take that sort of a risk. Besides, if you qualified for dell credit, you probably also qualify for a Visa, Mastercard or (shameless plug for my current employer :D) Amex card, and then you can make payments on it that way.

-AZ

Gilligan

Database Admin
I'm not saying I would actually go that route but I'm just asking for curiousity's sake. I did away w/ credit cards a long time ago.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Gilligan said:
I'm not saying I would actually go that route but I'm just asking for curiousity's sake. I did away w/ credit cards a long time ago.

You should have one small limit card for emergencies. Capped at say $500 w/o fees. A credit union will have a good card that wont bone you on fees/fine print.

Without credit lines open, you will never improve and may hurt your credit standing. Also, it will be a MAJOR pain if you ever had to fly anywhere or rent a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.