Any scanner that blocks encryption transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weisej

I'm wondering if there is a digital scanner that blocks encrypted sides of conversations. I own a Pro 106 and I'm pretty sure the 106 doesn't do this. Which leaves me wondering if GRE came out with a update if the pro 106 / psr 500 would be able to block the encryption sided transmissions.

captclint

Mentor
I'm wondering if there is a digital scanner that blocks encrypted sides of conversations. I own a Pro 106 and I'm pretty sure the 106 doesn't do this. Which leaves me wondering if GRE came out with a update if the pro 106 / psr 500 would be able to block the encryption sided transmissions.
Uniden 996 does, but I do not believe GRE has implemented that feature yet.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
There is currently no GRE or RadioShack model with encryption blocking on P25. Only the Uniden digital models have this feature.

weisej

Yes the problem comes in when half of the transmissions are normal and half are encrypted. So I'm guessing the feature of blocking encryption is a hardware feature and not a firmware feature? If not would GRE be able to release a new firmware version to include this in the future?

DiGiTaLD

One of the Narcotics Talk Group, in Wichita's Moto Type II, is encrypted. I load the talk group into my CLOSED sheriff bank, and lock it out.
The GRE-built radios will skip encrypted traffic when tracking a Motorola Type II system. They won't do it on P25 trunking or conventional, however.

DesertRatt

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden BCD396XT and it does it wonderfully. I had a GRE PSR-500, but I got rid of it due to the lack of encryption mute/mask. In my area, SO, Popo, and Fire/EMS dispatch in the clear, but the units are encrypted. I love my Uniden.

gary123

I like the uniden feature, but it would be great to hene the option to able to disable it if wanted. That would be great for searching new users or conventional systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.