Any SDS 100 owners/users in Brevard County, Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

okielopresti

Greetings,

I'm considering a SDS100 and would like to talk to somebody locally about it. Anybody in Brevard County, Florida have one?

Thank you in advance.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You can ask a moderator to move the thread there, instead of double-posting. Click the Report link under your first post.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
i am not aware of anyone here having an SDS100... most people have the 436 or 396 for a portable scanner.

do you have a specific question? Unless you love the color display on the SDS, that radio is overkill for the current systems here in Brevard.

doug

okielopresti

Doug, the last of my three Pro-96 scanners is on it's last leg. I just need a new scanner for here in Brevard.
Suggestions?
I like the ability to use the RR database for programming.

Thank you.
AJ4XU

batdude

find a used Uniden 436 -- it does everything you need including Phase 2 P25 for KSC.... and I suspect that Brevard public safety will be P25 phase 2 within 18-24 months.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
True. However, the SDS100 will be superior to the 436 when they do go Phase II. Speaking from experience, I have both.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I have an SDS100. I can hear them from Orlando...occasionally. Got to use my Diamond discone from a third floor apartment to listen though.

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
I am in near Ridgewood Ave and Grant Ave in Cocoa Beach using a 436 and SDS-100 listening to KSC's Phase 2 system and Brevard County EDACS. I don't notice a difference between them. On the EDACS I also hear some PV traffic and don't notice a difference between the 2 scanners.

batdude

FYI for everyone in brevard - I received an official response from the County Govt - the EDACS analog system is scheduled to remain in service --- hold your breath -- until 2026.

doug

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I visit Indialantic 5-6 times a year. My SDS100 works quite well on the Brevard system.
Out of curiosity, what filter setting are you using?

I'm not completely satisfied with my 100's performance on EDACS systems. I've found that Wide-Inv works the best for me while mobile, but I wouldn't consider it to work "quite well."

TDR-94

Brevard will be wiped off the map by then!
FYI for everyone in brevard - I received an official response from the County Govt - the EDACS analog system is scheduled to remain in service --- hold your breath -- until 2026.

doug

Brevard will be wiped off the map by then!

tampatracker

I was recently staying overnight in Cocoa Beach then drove down A1A to Vero Beach and took 60 across to Tampa. My SDS 100 worked great in both Brevard and Indian River Co's, as well as Polk.

YoShep69

Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity, what filter setting are you using?

I'm not completely satisfied with my 100's performance on EDACS systems. I've found that Wide-Inv works the best for me while mobile, but I wouldn't consider it to work "quite well."
No filter setting.

tampatracker

What filter setting are you using for EDACS?
I was using what I usually use in Hillsborough, invert for EDAKS. I get better reception on the East system with this, after experimenting with all of them. I am in the city. What do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.