Any SIREN updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Seriously. We've had our radios for over three years now. I would really like to put my 536 back in the car, and the SIREN app would made installation a hell of a lot easier. The favorite list bug needs to be addressed in the iPhone app, and I thought there were going to be more features in the app. This app has serious potential, yet for some reason Uniden is letting it go to waste. WHY?

wbswetnam

IMHO, Uniden is much more focused on new product development than they are in support of existing products. Oh, you want NXDN? Maybe next year, we'll think about it. Oh, you want SIREN to work correctly? (yawn) Whatever...

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
It's a shame because the SIREN app would be a great remote for in the car, throw my phone in a coffee cup stand and control the 536 from there. Damned shame.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It's a shame because the SIREN app would be a great remote for in the car, throw my phone in a coffee cup stand and control the 536 from there. Damned shame.

You can use the Siren App right now as a remote for a vehicle mounted scanner.

I noticed where someone did some kind of Android App for a 436. Wonder if there are others in this forum who are handy at IOS/iPhone app writing that might be interested in coming up with their own versison of the Siren App. (Sort of like doing for the Siren App what ARC and ProScan have done with respect to Sentinel - taking the basic thing on to another level).

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
You can use the Siren App right now as a remote for a vehicle mounted scanner.

I noticed where someone did some kind of Android App for a 436. Wonder if there are others in this forum who are handy at IOS/iPhone app writing that might be interested in coming up with their own versison of the Siren App. (Sort of like doing for the Siren App what ARC and ProScan have done with respect to Sentinel - taking the basic thing on to another level).

You're right, I can, however...there is a bug in SIREN that only allows controlling of the first nine favorite lists. I have about forty in my scanner LOL. I can more than likely work around it with the GPS.

wbswetnam

I have found SIREN to be very unstable, at least in AP mode. The app will lose the wi-fi connection pretty quickly. The connection will last anywhere from two hours to only two minutes; twenty minutes seems about average. For mobile use in a car, not much count unless you're OK with stopping your vehicle every few miles to cycle power on the scanner and reset the wi-fi connection between the scanner and your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.