Any Skywarn People Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm Skywarn Coordinator for Hendricks County and Site Administrator for the Central Indiana Skywarn web site http://www.w9nws.org.

What's your question?

W9NES

I am also involved with Skywarn in Marion County as a Trained spotter.If you have any questions please feel free to pm me anytime."My doors are always open"Best Requards, Tim DeLong Ham Radio Operator W9NES "Allways watching Northwest Marion County", Pike Township.Metro Indianpolis

kadetklapp

I am in Montgomery County also and I don't hear much anything on the local skywarn nets, with the exception of the hourly repeater output.

Is Skywarn for Hams only? Or can public safety officers, hams, and EMA personnel use it also? If it's not for hams only, is there a net protocol that must be followed?

I was listening two fridays ago when the big system moved thru here and I swear I heard someone who identified themselves as NWS asking for weather updates but he got no answer and gave up.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
What frequency do Montgomery County Skywarn spotters use for local communications?

Are you saying that the amateur radio station at the Montgomery County EOC can't reach the Central Indiana Skywarn net on the 146.970 repeater in Indianapolis?

W9NES

Yes Mark you have to be a licensed Ham Radio Operator to check into the skywarn net.You heard N9NWS which is the call sign of the station at the NWS Office in Indianapolis when they talk to other stations who arehams who are checking in there County to the State Net.Anyone can become involved in Skywarn but you do not have to be a HAM but it helps.146.970 is the State Net and your county's Weather net is on 146.865 or 147.225

Status
Not open for further replies.