Any SkyWarn / Spotter Live streams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwile20vt

Was wondering If anyone know any sites streaming any Skywarn or chasers in other parts of country? I searched the forums found one site but it no longer streams anything.

Been interested lately with some of the weather around the country , Wish there was a way to monitor the Voip and such I know chasers use now adays .

thanks for reading :)

Jimmy252

i know IBN (Incident Broadcast Network) has a feed on there teamspeak which is Michigan National weather service and spotters in the field. i think its DICON or something like that.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
For central northern Illinois you can use my Remotehams page if you know when it's hitting the fan here. But don't be surprised if the HF side looses it's antenna during storms:D

This is my Icom 706MKIIG.

147.255 is Winnebago County ARES's Skywarn Freq. 147.375 is for Boone County.

444.725 is the Liason Frequency with connection direct to the NWS.

I'm sure you can find other area freqs with a quick Google search.

jwile20vt

wow your site is very cool , Ill have to try it out sometime if you dont mind

iv been searching google for skywarn live stream ..stuff like that also

like iv said in the past i wish I could monitor from my shack , Id prob listen to spotters and chasers more than anything else If I could...boston here , winter is really only big storm season besides nor easters

no funnels

Ill post if I find any other streams also ...Thanks again :)

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Just remember the golden rule at my (and other RemoteHams) site.. Always ask to tune before you do.. Even if you're the only one up.. I've had to ban a couple people because they kept 'hijacking' the radio from others..

Feel free to poke at it. It's fairly bullet proof.

jwile20vt

Ill appoligize cause I have never used a remote ham site before and didn't ask at 2:15 am hahaha didn't see the chat feature ...very cool info and site

thanks again :)

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
jwile20vt said:
Ill appoligize cause I have never used a remote ham site before and didn't ask at 2:15 am hahaha didn't see the chat feature ...very cool info and site

thanks again :)

It's ok, I only ban repeat offenders.. So far I've banned 3 IP's...2 from Brazil 1 from the US..

Enjoy the radio..and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I've had to close the radio to unregistered guests.

If you'd like to use it, please register with remotehams.com and PM me on their board letting me know who you are. (A mention of RR's site should do) Then go to my radio and click the link to be added to the group. As soon as I see the request, I'll approve it.

You can blame several bad ops for this, mostly from Brazil, but a couple stateside, and one UK abuser...

The radio is still free to use, but I'm limiting access.

Status
Not open for further replies.