Any Springfield MO area folks here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0UHS

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the forums. Just wanted to know if there were any other Springfield MO area scanner enthusiasts out there.

Roger, KC0UHS

SCPD

QRT
Cool, nice to know there are people there with radio interests.
Anyways, I'll be moving to springfield next week, is there anything I should now about the communication networks there that not already reported in the RR database?

OkRob

I have a question about listening in Springfield as well. My mother lives there, but I do not. She is a long time scanner listening enthusiast, but hers is pretty old now. I think I will get her a new one soon and set it up for her before I send it to her. I will likely get her a Pro-2055, as I use several of them and like them alot.

My question is, have most of the Springfield agencies switched over to the 800 system now. I see many of the agencies (PD, FD, Sheriffs office, etc.) are listed in the database for the 800 TRS now. I'm assuming they are using them, but I would like to set her system up properly for her before sending it to her.

BTW, I grew up in Springfield until my early teens. I love that place. Wish I could live there again sometime. :)

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Rob

jayres

Premium Subscriber
Live in Lebanon here, have a part time job in Springfield... and as part of that job, I get to use the 800 TRS down there...

Most public safety agencies down there are on the TRS, the only primary traffic that is not is Cox EMS Dispatch and all EMS Aircraft in the area. You typically wont hear as much as you used to on the Springfield (City) Fire dispatches though, as they are doing most of these by MDT.

K0AZV

phillip3225 said:
Welcome,

Im down here in Branson.

KC0LKE

You know, years ago I picked up a BC200XLT (celluar mod completed) at a place in one of the outlet malls there in Branson. I have no clue if that place still exists but they had a bunch of differant electronics there.

Max...

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I drive for Prime, come through the yard and stay in springfield often, just got my 396T so i will definately be listening when i get back thru there

KC0UHS

has anyone heard anything regarding rebanding of the springfield motorola trunked system? do they ever plan on going digital? thanks, roger

jayres

Premium Subscriber
The system is already P25 digital, HOWEVER most of the talkgroups are analog. There are a few digital talkgroups (law enforcement tactical traffic and sensitive comms of the like) and those that are digial, I think they are also running encryption on, but for the most part all traffic is analog. As a side note, the agency I work for down there is slowly transitioning our portables from MTS2000's to XTS2500's (or 5000's, cant remember).

jayres

Premium Subscriber
I think they are 5000's, just cant remember for sure. Love the XTS5000's though, have one in VHF that I got for myself and will probably never get rid of it! :D

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Played with one programmed for Orlando/Orange County's TRS and i was pleased, just too expensive.

Man the radio in springfield is busy, we have been staying at the campus inn on glenstone, leaving thursday. but my 396T works well here

Chuck44

KC0UHS said:
has anyone heard anything regarding rebanding of the springfield motorola trunked system? do they ever plan on going digital? thanks, roger
I've heard conflicting reports on rebanding, but I believe
it will affect this system. When, I don't thing anybody knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.