ProScan: Any suggested Apple iOS apps that can sync audio and metadata properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone suggest an Apple IOS device app that sync's the ProScan audio and metadata properly? I have tried VLC for iOS, but it's delay adjustments are only + and - 5 seconds for audio and metadata. I need more like 24 seconds of metadata delay to sync with the audio.
The safari web browser does work, but I'd like to know about an Apple iOS streaming app that will work with both audio and metadata syncing like Winamp does on Windows OS.
Thanks,
J Scott Branscum

smason

Following. I've wanted an IOS Proscan client for years. I'm a long-time user of Proscan. Love everything about Proscan. Mentioned it a few times, but then read the FAQ and it looks like Bob is not really interested in doing it, so I stopped mentioning it. Oops, just mentioned it :) No disrespect to Bob intended I'm sure he has enough to do just maintaining Proscan and RadioFeed, which, I'll repeat are excellent products! I still think if he released the specs to an IOS developer and asked for 10-20% of the revenue, we'd all be happy :) That said, Don Starr published the communication specs for Win500 (another great product) and no-one has built an IOS client, so maybe there's just not enough demand. Wish I was a programmer, I just don't have the skills. I actually did write a radio control program fro the Yaesu 757GX in C, way back in the late 80s but it was pretty basic, and long before the Internet. No way I could figure out the internet and audio protocols now.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I still think if he released the specs to an IOS developer and asked for 10-20% of the revenue, we'd all be happy :)
It's not my specs so nothing is needed on my part. The metadata embedded in the mp3 stream was developed by the makers of Shoutcast.
Here is a link that explains the Shoutcast Metadata Protocol SmackFu: Shoutcast Metadata Protocol
CodeProject - For those who code has examples of audio players extracting the metadata.

Wish I was a programmer, I just don't have the skills. I actually did write a radio control program fro the Yaesu 757GX in C, way back in the late 80s but it was pretty basic, and long before the Internet. No way I could figure out the internet and audio protocols now.
Here's how to make your wish come true.
1. Google search for the tools needed to develop an IOS app
2. use CodeProject - For those who code or another site with examples
3. Start coding to get the hang of it
4. Find an example that plays a mp3 file or stream from a server

Start with something small like an app that displays "Hello" and expand on it.
Actually it's easier nowadays with the internet and internet search to make any kind of app.

BTW "don't have the skills" is not really a good excuse. Don't have the time is a better excuse.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I meant specs for a full Proscan client for remote control and audio.

The OP was talking about the Web Server feature. No need for a ProScan RSOIP Client as the Web Server does remote control too.
But if you really want a ProScan RSOIP Client and to fulfill your wish on becoming a programmer, I could give you the protocol. It's also easy to figure out using a sniffer.

xantegh

@smason & @ProScan , on the other hand, i'm sure there are members like myself who only need the logging capability on a mac.
i think a simple python script that continuously read from serial port to get the active frequency and write it to the recorded mp3 file name, should be fine to start with.

in my case, I have 2 BCT15X, each connected to a USB HUB via Rec Out audio to audio USB card as well as USB to Serial Adaptor.

so, since my personal computer is a Macbook that most of the time sit at home, i would like to use it for logging the captured frequencies and recorded the audio.

I stopped writing code since a decade, but i can write a piece of python if someone can guide me on where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.