Any that can hear Northampton County answer this question for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBobTerp

Hi
Any that can hear Northampton County answer this question for me? I need to explain to a friend and I don't how to explain it to him. Last Night on 4/2/12 about I would 830pm there was either a FIRE or EMS call on his scanner. Then they paged it again and when they said the unit to respond to TURN to Northampton County Talkabout 1 for communications. Now his question was to me that I programed in his Scanner at the time all 3 Talkabout Frequencies in his scanner. But They all share the same frequencies of 501.96250 but all different PL tones. What he wants to know Why do they have 3 different PL Tones and they are all the same frequencies. Here is what I mean.

Northampton County Talkabout 1 501.96250 179.9 PL <<<< this is the one they were using to talk on.
Northampton County Talkabout 2 501.96250 203.5 PL
Northampton County Talkabout 3 501.96250 192.8 PL

So can u explain to me that if they are all the same frequency how are there 3 different PL tones?

Sorry if I made it a little confusing and thanks to who every helps me.

NgoraSweatr

Just some guy, ya know?
T/A 1, 2, and 3 are all simplex frequencies, meaning they have very limited range. Thus, if you have incidents in differing areas of the county, you can have them use those channels with little to no fear of them interfering with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.