Any TRS’s with SPEN 1 TG’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I made a DB submission on Middlesex P25 TG 33 SPEN 1 link recently.

This TG has a decent VHF receiver patch with tight squelch that makes for easy, and at times, interesting listening. While many BOLO’s have disappeared to local TRS TG’s, SPEN is still a resource.

I was surprised to hear Newark making the effort. Bergen is a heavy user too. ”Knock it off”.

Anyone know of any other Local, County, or State systems w a SPEN patch TG? Still surprised how few there are.

markjrenna

West Orange has a SPEN Patch. Not sure how often it's plugged in. Wayne has a SPEN patch. Seems they unplug it at times too.

When Newark has a Felony pursuit they go to SPEN. So Essex, Hudson, Bergen, Union county locals are aware. Plus the State monitors if they get on the SPD patrolled highways. Also if needed... Transit PD and Port Authority PD. Some times the RTCC kicks in too.

All very exciting :)

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I suspect that some SPEN 1 bases are very low profile. So the VHF radio in cars always catch the “locals”. If the SPEN base was patched say from Somerville station it would miss many broadcasts say from Newark for example. If it was patched to a high site, say Site 7 up on the mountain, the patch would hear way to much distant traffic. Maybe I am over thinking it, but it could be.Just a thought.

RocketNJ

Depending on the loading of the TRS maybe agencies do not want SPEN being a full time patch. It would be keeping a channel resource busy for conversations which most would not benefit the hosting agency.

With the PSIC system loading continuing to increase, channel resources are at a premium.

jaymatt1978

I remember when towns first went to UHF there were a few VHF to UHF patches and in theory they are still there just not used

jaymatt1978

Marine 16 patched-- WHAT TALKGROUP? WHAT SITE? DID YOU HEAR A PATICULAR CALL? DID YOU HEAR THE PATCH AFTER THE CALL? You need to give something because the way I see it "any frequency" can be patched to "any talkgroup" Patches aren't permanent so in theory they wouldn't be in the database, because if theey did the database would literally change when there's a call requiring a patch!!

TOW
Which talkgroup is Marine 16 patched on NJICS? I dont see it in the DB.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I live right across the river from Burlington County New Jersey. I always listened to Spen 1 for their alerts. They recently went to a tdma Phase 2 police encrypted system and Spen 1 has stopped it's VHF transmissions from Burlington County.

Others have reported also crickets chirping from Burlington County alerts on spen 1, did used to get rebroadcast on their old TRS and I guess it is now except it's encrypted. I would like to hear that again, very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.