Any updates on Paul (Upman)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
p.s. There is no reCAPTCHA box anywhere on the page that I can see, let alone a value to enter....

Tracking blocking will hide it. To the left of the green lock in the address bar at the top of the screen is a shield. Click that and "Turn off blocking for this site". That should allow you to see it.

JeffAdams

Tracking blocking will hide it. To the left of the green lock in the address bar at the top of the screen is a shield. Click that and "Turn off blocking for this site". That should allow you to see it.
Thank you VERY MUCH for offering me some help. I think we're running different browsers though - Which one are you running? In Chrome, to the left of the URL (to Paul's blog) is a red triangle with an ! in it, then to the right of the triangle (but still to the left of the URL) is "not secure". If I hover over this, I see a hint that says "site information". Clicking that reveals a bevy of choices. I did in fact have website tracking blocked, so I found a place to click to allow tracking, but this hasn't seemed to change Paul's blog page behavior. Thank you again for the guidance :)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I have worked in a radiation oncology department treating cancer for almost 35 years. There is simply NO conspiracy regarding a cure for cancer. Each type of cancer is unique in its treatment and can be quite complex. I have been involved in many research protocols for treating cancer some more successful than others but that is the point to find the best way to treat a particular cancer. The cost of health care in the US is astronomical for many reasons, partly because of the government and the regulations. I've had many family members die from cancer, if I thought there was a cancer cure cover up or if the hundreds of thousands of health care workers thought this there would be a revolt!
I just read your post or I would have said something earlier. I couldn't agree more as a medical professional myself, as a longtime registered nurse I have treated many Ca patients and have lost my mother, father, brother and GF that way, not to mention my own physical status, like so many people, all of our lives are affected.

As a caregiver you know that we don't believe in conspiracies regarding cancer treatment any more than what kind of insurance a patient has. Great strides have been made and we always hope for the best outcome for every patient we treat. (y)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone there's an update on Paul's blog. Paul had a trip to the hospital for more back pain or should I say back side pain.

All the details are in the blog. Some problems involved a low white cell count, a fever and possible infection.

Paul has been released from the hospital and is home and will be starting chemo again today Friday.

I only hope that you see some of the comments that people make here including myself Paul. I have a feeling that you do.

I always wondered why the Pain Scale was only from 1 to 10... What happens if it's an 18?

I hope the chemo goes well this weekend and it sounds like you're going to be posting again soon.

That was one tough week, it's going to get better from here. Hope you feel less tired after this series and what needs to heal as a result of what happened in the hospital, heals quickly. ;)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hey everybody, some news from Paul on his blog... Wanted to bring the thread up in the queue.

He says after the second round of chemotherapy that he's not feeling that good but he's not particularly that bad either.

The rest of his blog is in very poor taste. That is to say... The chemotherapy seems to be really affecting his taste buds and how food taste to him. It looks like the chemotherapy is dropping his weight again and he is fighting to keep a minimum weight that he is at right now.

Keep fighting Paul. This altered taste situation will get better down the line when you get off the chemotherapy.

Keep that weight up... we are all pulling for you!

I see people on RR wishing you well and looking forward to your return.

ludek-brno

I personally am not very positive about Paul's early return, if at all.
Writing his blog is still a psycho for him.

I don't really trust Uniden Scanners Dept anymore to tune us with SDS200 scanners, or add another digital platform or features.
I want to believe I'm wrong !!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
You beat me to it poonwort... I was just coming on to bring the thread up in the queue.
I personally am not very positive about Paul's early return, if at all.
Writing his blog is still a psycho for him.

I don't really trust Uniden Scanners Dept anymore to tune us with SDS200 scanners, or add another digital platform or features.
I want to believe I'm wrong !!
I don't agree with your post. This is a long haul for Paul. I'm guessing he doesn't agree with you either as I'm sure his goal is to get back to normal no matter how long it takes.

Irregardless of the scanner Department of Uniden, this thread is about updates on Paul.

I thought it was a good post.

As always, we all look forward to your return Paul. It's only normal you don't feel well after the chemo but we hope it's going to do its thing.

We look forward to your more visible and active return, some of us are wondering exactly what you are working on!

I have a feeling one of these days you are going to make an announcement of some type. We look forward to it.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Curious as to what the "Conspiracy theories" are?

I know there has been nothing - zero - since Paul's absence. That is unfortunate, but noteworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.