Any updates on Paul (Upman)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep... I have had those floaters too in my eye. Doctor said it was age related.

The floaters thread sounds very positive Paul. Glad to see you're coming along.

My floaters are a little bit off-center so when I look directly at the floater it Darts Away. Not affecting my vision.

Thanks for the Post.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

I think he should find an appliance forum and incessantly complain about this company...you know, like people complain about Uniden on RR. :whistle:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I like the tone of the latest blog posts. Other than taste problems like getting white sauce on a pizza instead of red because of the taste secondary to chemo, there isn't a lot of physical descriptions of problems. I see that as positive.

I'm curious Paul when you will be able to come back to radio reference. I noticed you're coming to work but it's still hard to put in full days and I'm sure some days are unpredictable.

Try to come back to the Forum here. We are all curious as to your opinions and reactions to some of the developments that have come up while you were gone.

We would all love to have your technical support again, it has really been missed.

It's my impression from the posts of the last few days that you are getting back into routines.

Good luck with the appliances LOL.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hey everybody some interesting posts on the blog.

Paul it looks like a real mixed bag of news. I like the idea of the oncologist being optimistic with radiation on the brain tumors.

A change in the chemo also sounds like Sage advice.

It sounds like everything is being tried, I can imagine that's not the real news you'd like to be hearing but hang in there and see what happens.

We caught a glimpse of you in the video of the parking lot mishap. For a moment I thought I was looking at Walter White from Breaking Bad. I noticed the driver changing places with the passenger. I think they got a glimpse of your video cam.

Keep us posted on the Ca.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
As a two-time cancer survivor, I can say one thing. I will continue to pray for UpMan.

The human psyche has an amazing ability to get folks through many rough parts of life. There is absolutely no room for pessimism no matter what the outcome.

May God bless him.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hey everybody some new posts from Paul. Going into detail about new physical developments and change in treatment plans.

Sounds like the oncologist has finally settled on a plan. Let's hope that scan in 2 months shows Improvement.

You may not have those serious side effect you were talking about regarding cognitive ability. It could happen but it doesn't necessarily mean it will.

The weight is an issue and the smoothies are good answer, do you like ice cream? Haagen-Dazs ice cream whatever flavors you like really goes down well and it's very concentrated with no air and full of calories.

I enjoy it but I need to lose weight, if you can enjoy it you'll gain weight. Tasty stuff.

prcguy

I've been checking out Paul's blog occasionally and sometimes its difficult to read. I can't imagine what he is going through getting some things under control then some more bad news. If I had gone through what he has then had the little parking lot accident, I would probably track down the guy who took off and turn his car into a smoldering puddle. Hey Paul, if you get the guys home address and need someone to pay him a personal visit, PM me the info!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I've been checking out Paul's blog occasionally and sometimes its difficult to read. I can't imagine what he is going through getting some things under control then some more bad news. If I had gone through what he has then had the little parking lot accident, I would probably track down the guy who took off and turn his car into a smoldering puddle. Hey Paul, if you get the guys home address and need someone to pay him a personal visit, PM me the info!
Yep that was a lowlife thing to happen. It would be very satisfying to send out the Posse and take care of that. From what I read the two cameras got the information.

Eh, we don't sweat the small stuff huh.

Again Paul, you show tremendous courage and inspiration to us all. Continue to stay the course and fight the fight.

We're all rooting for you and hoping this new course of treatment gets the desired results you're looking for.

I'm serious about that Haagen-Dazs to help you gain weight, it's great stuff, my recommendations are vanilla bean, coffee, butter pecan and rum raisin. :p

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
I am sure Paul is just an online marketing/engineer moderator for Uniden that monitors these and OTHER forums. He reads and follows how the market is and I am sure he is NOT the one coming out with updates/revisions regarding the products. UNIDEN and their product engineers do that as a team, not individually. Paul is a great guy, but you folks are overwhelming him with job duties that really aren't his

phask

Premium Subscriber
I am sure Paul is just an online marketing/engineer moderator for Uniden that monitors these and OTHER forums. He reads and follows how the market is and I am sure he is NOT the one coming out with updates/revisions regarding the products. UNIDEN and their product engineers do that as a team, not individually. Paul is a great guy, but you folks are overwhelming him with job duties that really aren't his

I can't begin to tell you how wrong you are, so I won't.

His many patents speak of his engineering ability, most , if not all of the scanner ideas are his as well.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You should probably have a look at his LinkedIn page before being so sure of your incorrect assumptions. On several occasions in the past Paul has posted video of him in Japan right alongside the Uniden engineers, physically working on new products like the x36HP series. He has been directly involved at a high level with many of the designs and features of Uniden products for many years.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

You should know what you are talking before posting. I agree with everyone else. You are absolutely wrong. The DMA's and HP's series scanners (along with Uniden Marine radios) are UPMan design from concept to finish product. Same with every firmware version. He runs the beta scanner program, track bug reports, compiles data, in constant communications with Engineering, etc.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Wow. You've been a member for over 5 yrs too. And you don't have a clue

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So This Thread has been a place for those who follow the blog and to comment and offer support and best wishes for Paul in response to his condition and updates he is giving in the blog.

Paul's background and accomplishments are well-known and speak for themselves in regard to what he has accomplished and done. It's a given and no longtime member here is not familiar with it.

Let's keep our eye on the ball here and not sulley this thread with OT stuff.

For those who haven't read the most recent 3 to 4 entries in the blog it would be a good thing to do so, there is a link in the beginning of this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.