Any updates on the new Shawnee County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scantopeka

I see the frequencies are posted but I'm not finding any control channel signal yet. Any updates on this new system? I was told roll out will begin early 2014 so I would assume it's live for testing at this point.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
I think they should be close- the last I heard they were being delayed by licensing issues for the microwave system that links the tower sites together. I have yet to see one of these systems come online on schedule!

nec911

I think they should be close- the last I heard they were being delayed by licensing issues for the microwave system that links the tower sites together. I have yet to see one of these systems come online on schedule!

That is a big understatement KAA. They ran into equipment issues, licensing issues and some others that smacked them like a bolt of lightning. Last I heard from the last meeting they had last week, they are going to be bringing MTTA, Public Works, Solid Waste and Recycling on to test it out. Rest of the non-emergency agencies should be coming up on their own in early part of the year. Those of us in emergency services are going to be much later; esp after everyone else had had a chance to work out the bugs and system issues that most likely will plague it. We have been working on redefining and naming our talk groups for our agency so they meet NIMS/ICS (and common sense).

ks_scan

Premium Subscriber
NEC, Wichita is in the process of switching too. Didn't SN Co go with a vendor other than Motorola? If so is that a sign of things to come for Wichita/SG Co as they chose a vendor other than Motorola too.

Status
Not open for further replies.