Any updates to York County new radio system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta85

No one has heard anything on this system?? Are you sure they are actually building it? Didn't someone email the guy at the county radio shop a while back to get some info?

Last edited:

crony803

Yes, they're actually building it- In fact, much of the infrastructure is in place. Should go online 4th Quarter 2006 or 1st Quarter 2007.

rmquinn3419

Premium Subscriber
What freq is it being brodcasted on? i did a quick search on the freqs for the new system and heard no control channel noise. If you could just point me in the right direction.

rmquinn3419

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is monitoring this system please fell free to submit any new info to the database.I will do my best to identify any more talkgroups hopefully you will do the same!

Thanks
rmquinn3419

rmquinn3419

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is, i set mine up as a P25 System in the Bcd396t and works fine.Just be advised there is not alot of radio chatter on there so dont think you have programed it wrong.

mstarn

York Country TRS

I loaded the York County freqs into my PRO - 96 today. Haven't heard any thing yet, besides the control channel. I live near Highway 321 about half way between York and Clover. (Filbert)

Where is the control tower for this site?

Mark

rmquinn3419

Premium Subscriber
There are 9 different tower sites all simulcasted all over the county they are on 2 different licenses for some reason? The licenses are WQEF441 and WQDF568.I think the closet one to where you live is either the moss justice tower or either the HWY 55 West tower,

Last edited:

mstarn

PRO-96 setup help for York TRS

How should the PRO-96 setup be for the york system. My display on my scanner shows
DG (digital),
freq,
T idbk (none highlighted during TX),
radio test on last line during transmissions.
All I heard is garbage, sounds almost like it is encrypted.

Do I need to setup tables or what. I'm running the tables for 3600 and 9600 as normal?

rmquinn3419

Premium Subscriber
The "garbage" you are hearing is prob a encrypted talkgroup 26461.As for the Pro-96 i wouldnt know i dont have a Pro-96 so somebody with one would have to explain it to you.

rmquinn3419

mstarn

Thanks

Thanks rmquinn3419

I think they are running in a closed (encrypted mode) mode. Such is life. Wonder how many talk groups will run that way? About 100% certain I'm set up correct. Just had doubts.

rmquinn3419

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully not many talkgroups will be in encrypted mode but i imagine that the Drug Talkgroups will be and other "Sensitive Talkgroups".The only encrypted talkgroup i have monitored so far is 26461 in my 2 weeks of montoring this system but then again that is about the only one i have heard, although i heard 26460 in the clear the beginning of last week.I think this system is supposed to go online in Oct. So i would think testing would be picking up soon.I passed by a EMS unit and saw that they had a laptop installed or a MDT
about 2 weeks ago but wasnt being used as it was folded down.

rmquinn3419

Last edited:

rmquinn3419

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know if the York SO has installed there new dispatch computers for the new system?I saw in the paper about 2-3 months ago that the Emergency Operations Center have already installed all new radio consoles.

Here is a link to the article a couple months ago about the new radio consoles at the Emergency Operations Center just remember this article is a couple months old.

http://www.heraldonline.com/109/story/2465.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.