Any user setting available to adjust Alert Light display time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

Is there anyway for the user to adjust the Alert Light display time before it times out? I would like for my Alert Lights to stay on longer than the factory set present time duration. Is there an option in a config file somewhere? I have searched the user's manual and Sentinel software and I can't find any way to do it.

John

W4UVV

JamesO

Is there anyway for the user to adjust the Alert Light display time before it times out? I would like for my Alert Lights to stay on longer than the factory set present time duration. Is there an option in a config file somewhere? I have searched the user's manual and Sentinel software and I can't find any way to do it.

John

W4UVV

This has been a sore spot since the x96 series scanners. There are a few adjustments, but there is not an adjustment that will allow the light to stay or or continue to flash for the entire conversation. Additionally would be great if this could also be triggered by a specific radio ID as well.

Not sure Uniden has this on the radar as a priority?

W4UVV

I agree and it could be done

This has been a sore spot since the x96 series scanners. There are a few adjustments, but there is not an adjustment that will allow the light to stay or or continue to flash for the entire conversation. Additionally would be great if this could also be triggered by a specific radio ID as well.

Not sure Uniden has this on the radar as a priority?

I agree with you and it could be done. I like this display better than the 396XT/996XT as the color Alert Light display temporarily overlays the transmission making iding the radio difficult having to wait until the Alert Light times out. It is very annoying especially when mobile. To solve the problem i changed all the Alert Lights for all radio systems to "white" for the 996XT I use mobile.

I would not experience that problem with the Alert Light ring display. Maybe Uniden will add that as a user feature in a firmware upgrade.

John

W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.