Any VHF GMRS In Manchester/Goffstown NH AREA

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle00955

Is there any GMRS VHF repeaters in NH? Around Manchester or Goffstown Area? Looking to get onto a repeater and dont have my Ham license.

Don_Burke

Is there any GMRS VHF repeaters in NH? Around Manchester or Goffstown Area? Looking to get onto a repeater and dont have my Ham license.
GMRS is UHF.

MURS is VHF, but repeaters are not allowed.

Getting your ham ticket might be your only route outside of getting a business license.

fog

Premium Subscriber
freq 154.54 is a repeater i use to be on isnt that a murs freq?

154.54 isn't MURS, it's a business-band frequency. The Wikipedia page on MURS may be informative: Multi-Use Radio Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A business may have had a license for a repeater on 154.54.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking for a repeater, and why does it have to be VHF? I know there are some community repeaters on UHF, though I'm not sure what they charge. A ham license isn't too hard to come by, either. If we knew more about what you were trying to do, we might be able to give you better information.

idle00955

myself and friends only use vhf because we liek to listen to fire and some police. also new hampshire is basically 90% vhf now. also all i own is vhf. i looked into ham and would love to do it but my friends arent really into it as much. its okay now i purchased a vhf repeater and the guy that owed the reoeater is letting me use the freqs for free. but a free vhf is always nice to use but there isnt any in nh

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Whoever sold or let you have that repeater does NOT have the right to let you use that frequency! You have to license that repeater BEFORE it can be legally be used by you!
I'm thinking your best bet for now would be the MURS channels,which I posted above.
Keep in mind that even those channels have stipulations.:roll:
2 watts max. Simplex only with/without pl tones. Meanwhile yes,you could study to get your ham ticket (license).
N9ZAS

idle00955

your 100% wrong. the person i bought the repeater from has been in bussiness with two way radios for over 40 years and has the right to sell me the repeater and antenna and let me transmit on two freqs that are in the repeater that are licensed to him.

gewecke

Banned
your 100% wrong. the person i bought the repeater from has been in bussiness with two way radios for over 40 years and has the right to sell me the repeater and antenna and let me transmit on two freqs that are in the repeater that are licensed to him.

Ok. Let me restate this a different way. HE sold the repeater and antenna to you,and you want to put it on the air,right?
This means,YOU are now the owner of it. Which also means YOU are required to license it.
It is irrelevant HOW long he was in business or even what business he was in. HE was required to license the repeater for use,and now YOU are too since you have become the owner and operator. Do you understand?
The Federal Communications Commission requires any and ALL repeaters in the United States to be licensed by their owners. You are now the owner of a repeater...right? In other words,HIS license is NOT transferable to YOU!
N9ZAS

idle00955

then i own the repeater but he operators it and owns the license to the freq. either or he would not sell me it if he thought i would be in trouble. his company which he has owned for over 40 years has so much to do with the fcc and loacl goverement in my state he knows what he is talking about.

gewecke

Banned
then i own the repeater but he operators it and owns the license to the freq. either or he would not sell me it if he thought i would be in trouble. his company which he has owned for over 40 years has so much to do with the fcc and loacl goverement in my state he knows what he is talking about.

1. If YOU own it,then YOU are required to license it in YOUR name.
2. DO YOU talk on it,IF so then YOU ARE required to be licensed.
3. The license was ISSUED to him,and does NOT have anything to do with YOU. He no longer owns it,so this is NOW your baby!
Believe me,when I say you NEED to do your homework here. Talk to someone else in authority BESIDES the previous owner of the repeater,because if he hasn't advised you correctly then someone else needs to before you get in trouble.
I'm done here. I wish you luck!
N9ZAS

RKG

"has the right": under what authority? In general, FCC licenses are not transferable. One who has licensed a repeater as an "FB6" has the power to authorize subscribers to use subscriber equipment to access his repeater, but does not have the power to authorize anyone to use any other repeater. You're asking for trouble.

gewecke

Banned
I was hoping someone else would jump in to try to get through to him,since he didn't seem to be understanding me. I'd hate to see him get a violation notice before he even get his license.
N9ZAS

ecps92

Did he SELL?? or Did he RENT? Big difference.
IF he sold and transfered the ownership [are you also paying rent, for the Site] then you need to hold the license. Sounds like you are Renting

gewecke

Banned
If he would have provided more definitive information,that would've helped. From my take on it,he purchased the whole mess and somehow seemed to think that the license to operate it was part of the package. I'm not sure if he thought the license was transferable or not?
N9ZAS

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
So let's get down to answering the question of licesning and ownership.

What is the Callsign for the license (for 154.540 and it's other frequency)?

Who is the person that holds the license for the frequencies (154.540 and it's pair)?

Where is the repeater located?

Do you own it?

As said, it's important to know whether renting or owning. You indicated you own the repeater. If so, the FCC technically requires you to own the license. Licenses are transferable and it's not that difficult. The license specifies where the repeater may be located, what power is acceptable, what frequencies may be programmed in the repeater, who and/or what the control point is and other factors. If you thought you could simply buy any repeater other than GMRS and put it up anywhere, you are simply WRONG.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Here's some help....

Idle...Below is a list of every callsign actively licensed in the state of NH for 154.5400. One of these is associated with your repeater. Just pick it.

Callsign: WNQU339
Callsign: WPAU566
Callsign: WPDZ256
Callsign: KXA851
Callsign: KNDY465
Callsign: WPQD893
Callsign: KCG773
Callsign: WPYQ455
Callsign: WPYQ458
Callsign: KNDX538
Callsign: WNIP858
Callsign: WQR334
Callsign: WPYQ640
Callsign: WPYQ642
Callsign: WQBP655
Callsign: WQBP656
Callsign: WQBP658
Callsign: WQBP659
Callsign: WQBP660
Callsign: WQBP661
Callsign: WQJB780
Callsign: WPZS684
Callsign: KNEE304
Callsign: WNLW258
Callsign: WQII787
Callsign: WNXV996
Callsign: KNGX319
Callsign: WQBD690
Callsign: WNNY302
Callsign: WQDY415

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Idle............Still Waiting. You said you could use the repeater, you had licensed authority. The issue's been debated. The answers offered. You've been back on the forums.

The Callsign?

gewecke

Banned
Idle............Still Waiting. You said you could use the repeater, you had licensed authority. The issue's been debated. The answers offered. You've been back on the forums.

The Callsign?

Hmmm...maybe he,s thinking,lol? I think the verdict is in.:roll:
N9ZAS

Status
Not open for further replies.