any VHF Low band Police use still in Mexico?

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1879

I hear a lot of VHF Low band skip here in SC using a 10 meter verticle. I was hoping to hear some/any policia traffic-or military- from Mexico.
Any hints are welcome,
thanks
Phil/SC
direct email
amoperu (@) bellsouth.net
please remove brackets

Thanks

Phil

KF4ZTO

I don't know about police usage, but I hear a lot of Spanish-speaking taxicab dispatchers in the 30 and 31 MHz bands when lowband is open to the mid atlantic states (I'm in Richmond, VA) so at least some people are still using lowband in Mexico.

10TM103

yes guys :
Here some of the taxicab union´s use the ranger´s and some another export radios modified in to 30 to 32 mhz (more cheap and no licence) but no special frecuency you can ear all over the places on the band, i will chek for you the mos used frecuencies

73 51

10-TM-103 Jose Luis

Cowthief

Low band.

Hello.

The Ranger 2970 is The Mexican taxi and trucking radio.
30 to 32 MHz is the "freeband" for whoever needs it.
That is most likely what you are hearing.
As far as "offical" low band use, the Mexican military makes extensive use of the AN/VRC-12 tactical radio.
This is a 30 to 76 MHz FM radio.
Normally, this is around 40 to 50 MHz range.

p1879

LOW band in Mexico

Thanks for the info guys. I also hear a lot of taxicab comms in Spanish here in SC. Listening carefully it seems like a lot of them are from NYC. I can spot the true Mexican ones because a lot of dispatches are to "colonias" . The NYC comms have English street names and those "high number streets, and avenues"(you know I am a hick!)

I remember some low band policia back in the last solar cycle, so maybe we can get lucky again when things start to improve. If anyone has any specific freqs i am really interested.

During the last solar max i could talk to a girl in Los Mochis, Sinaloa with a mobile Ranger 2950 about every day. Claudette was cool! She hung out on cb ch 39 usb.

I only check in here once in a while, but I do look forward to hearing from you all if you have any good freqs. Incidentially, a few years back I was hearing what seemed like border survellance (maybe US National Guard?) on 30.0 mhz some....but I get so much noise there now it is locked out. maybe someone has a comment...these were English mil type comms and they were reporting from what seemed to be a hide.....

later, good listening!.

jrm5265

mexico

Ive traveled a good bit in Mexico and being the radio nerd I am I am always looking at radios and antennas. Most of what Ive seen on Law Enf vehicles where Ive been was Hi-band. I have seen some smaller town taxi stuff using CB or what looked like a ten meter Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.