Anybody from the Craven Cty, New Bern Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
If he is right, what does that mean?

It means if he is right, then P-25 can most certainly be monitored. BUT!! P-25 also has the capability of encryption being used on the system as well. Everybody keep your fingers crossed.

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
New Bern

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ProVoice only found on EDACS systems? Is Harris still supporting EDACS systems? The Hickory system is being upgraded to be Open-Sky and, from what I read, one of the reasons was because the EDACS system they currently use could not be upgraded. With the mention of P25, it's looks to me that they may be thinking a Harris P25 system (like the new Wayne County system) instead of ProVoice. If indeed ProVoice can only be found on an EDACS systems, then the last new ProVoice system anywhere close was Rockingham County, Virginia a couple of years ago. I don't recall seeing on the forums here throughout the country where anyone has purchased a ProVoice system lately.

bdwdover

Hey guys, the change to the new system has started.
PD, FD, PW. handhelds are in service.

I am looking to try to find a scaner that will work (if one will work)

Thanks

JDSHEP221

anyone know new berns new frequencies? and wondering if my digital trunking scanner will work?

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
I believe this is the link for new frequencies maybe someone can check out and confirm:

These are all the current frequencies.

EP204

I will be in Craven over the Christmas break, for about 3 weeks, so will try and confirm what you guys have listed and see if I can find out more. Will let all of you know what I find.

WD4CQ

I live in New Bern, NC and have been a Radio Reference subscriber for some time..

1. - I have a few Uniden HomePatrol Scanners that program easily to all our New systems. VERY EASY to self-program. (Using The Free Sentential Software & Updating the Firmware & database) The Home Patrol was the EASIEST scanner to program in our area without any programming or modification!

2. - Then I have a BCD536XT that does same BUT you have to change the MODE from NFM to FM in the Band Plan of the 800 MHz freq of the P25 Public Safety system for it to Capture and scan that system properly. (Also changed the Threshold to MANUAL and setting of 11)

3. - Then I have a BCD996XT. Does very well and I'm still learning how to use the Software to properly program it. I had someone (via eBay) who was more familiar with the Software than I send me a file that had much of our P25 Public Safety System entered and I uploaded it to the scanner and it works.

4. - I have a Uniden BCD396XT Handheld. Really Like this little handheld too! I also had same (on eBay) who was more familiar with the Software than I send me a file that had much of our P25 Public Safety System entered and I uploaded it to the scanner and it works now also. I will add/mod as I learn how to on my own.

5. - I have a couple of older Uniden BC785D Scanners WITH the digital cards installed and I am STRUGGLING to program them for our P25 Public Safety System.

I have licensed copies of ProScan 7.1 and ARC250 (1.51.01) and FreeScan2.17.

I just need to sit down a few DAYS and really LEARN and READ and watch You-Tube Video's and Read, Read... Read here on the Radio Reference forum to learn more on "HOW TO" Program my Scanners (especially my BC785D Scanners).

ANY greatly Help appreciated!

WD4CQ

I've recently learned here on the forum that my older Uniden BC785D Scanners will not properly Scan and track our Area P25 Public Safety System. So that explains my struggles with programming that scanner.

My Other Scanners do well such as the Uniden HomePatrol-1, BCD536XT and BCD396XT.

Please Note: When using the Uniden BC536XT you have to change the MODE from NFM to FM in the Band Plan of the 800 MHz freq of the P25 Public Safety system for it to Capture and scan that system properly. (Also changed the Threshold to MANUAL and setting of 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.