Anybody have info on Suffolk County NY Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
So far my old trunking scanner BC785D seems to be trunking ok on the Suffolk County trunk system type II plan 2. But the bomb may be ticking LOL Does anyone know when Suffolk County intends to reband and what kind of rebanding they will use. I have a BCD996XT so I'm not worried about the my reception in my radio shack but use the BC785D in the bedroom and would like a heads up. .

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Since this is area specific I'm moving this to the New York Radio Discussion Forum.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
This was to be completed 2x already, but has been pushe to the spring (at least that is the latest rumor)

your 996 will work fine, but the 785d will not work after the rebanding. As far as I remember, Uniden decided not to support rebanding on that radio. It is too bad because I do use my 785d to monitor Suffolk.

vsny

w2lie

and if my 2 cents is still worth 2 cents--the physical abuse the 785 d gets from my grand kids is any indication of it's quality, it's bulletproof. (yes I know,my wife tries to stop me from screaming at the little brats)

IW_RADIO

Re-Banding to be completed by April 30, 2010 and yes your 785D will be useless to monitor Suffolk County 800 MHz TRS. Don't feel bad because I own 2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.