Anybody in Portland Metro w/ x36HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostman6

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I had been using the MTS2000 which does not affiliate with the old 800 system. I upgraded to the XTS2500 now and can receive the new 700 system as well. I use the hidden talk group method on the XTS and it has never affiliated, which is the last thing I would ever want to do.
I don't recommend someone going out and just purchasing a radio, I have over thirty years of radio experience behind the programming and I work in a private radio shop as well and have access to the proper CPS and cables.
The new system coming online will be a phase I P25 system so monitoring it with an XTS2500 or 5000 will work. I saw on eBay that the prices were lowering.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, I've cleaned up a bunch of off topic posts which have nothing to do with the original question.

Please try to stay on topic.

Thanks.

Ghostman6

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Please do not private message me about this topic or to program your radio. ( Mike you cut that out and it's on topic)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Nobody has to worry about this. Ghostman6 is a previously banned member, nwassist. He has been banned again.

shonc182

Premium Subscriber
I set up a BCD436HP next to a Whistler WS1080 and on the Clackamas County simulcast and the Multnomah County simulcast the uniden missed the first couple of words on some transmissions while the WS1080 was perfect.

For example, a unit on Washington Co South Police 1 did a traffic stop and the dispatcher replied by saying "at 2:33" meaning 0233 hours. The uniden didn't pick this brief transmission up at all but the Whistler did. Other times I just hear mic clicks on the Uniden when really it was the end of a really brief transmission that it didn't pick up. Wow...

Good to hear. My 536 continues to suffer from this delay no matter what I do, and I was really leaning towards getting the WS1080. I have found the problem with my 536 is worse on the WCCCA system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.