Anybody in St Louis that can help ID some aircraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhopping

There is at least one, maybe two likely Gulfstreams 280s based at St Louis that use using PIA hex codes ADS-B Privacy, thus the true registration is unknown.
The flight IDs are XAA#### and on the radio the callsign is "Rockfish####". Usually the flight can be viewed on Flightaware to determine where it is going or if it's returning to St Louis. So if someone is the area could keep an eye on the flight tracking and when it's returning could be on the approach with binos or a good camera to confirm the registration that would be awesome.

I think the regs could be N858CC and/or N838CC. I missed one coming into Dulles a few days ago.

On ADSBexchanage you can apply the PIA filter and easily see when they are active.
Rockfish.JPG

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
There's a reason they're using ADS-B Privacy. I'd think that digging too deep would get you a visit by the MIB.

From ADS-B Privacy:
A third-party call sign enables the operator to maintain privacy while in communication with ATC while allowing the FAA, as necessary, to obtain the identification of the aircraft and its operator for response to security related request from DoD, DHS or local law enforcement. Third-party call signs are available from a "Third Party Call Sign Provider", a commercial service which has a security agreement with FAA.

llzel

Premium Subscriber
Yes and the 650 is theirs too. CC on the tail number=Centene Corporation I’ve been on the 280’s and the tail number matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.