Anybody listening in HILO area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
Now that the volcano is active I was wondering if anyone is hearing traffic on USGS radio system, 167.1750. It should be fairly busy. The channel does not fit the new national federal bandplan and might have been changed by now.

The new range for fed VHF repeater outputs is 169.5125 - 173.9875. If there is no traffic on the old channel you might try a search of the new range and post what you find here. Thanks

PS: I also saw on tv that National Guard at the incident were carrying motorola portables, now would be a good time to be searching all related bands (vhf, uhf, 700-800, military).

ccs247

Premium Subscriber
Now that the volcano is active I was wondering if anyone is hearing traffic on USGS radio system, 167.1750. It should be fairly busy. The channel does not fit the new national federal bandplan and might have been changed by now.

The new range for fed VHF repeater outputs is 169.5125 - 173.9875. If there is no traffic on the old channel you might try a search of the new range and post what you find here. Thanks

PS: I also saw on tv that National Guard at the incident were carrying motorola portables, now would be a good time to be searching all related bands (vhf, uhf, 700-800, military).

USGS and the National Guard have been on the Hawaii County radio system reporting to the command post.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
USGS and the National Guard have been on the Hawaii County radio system reporting to the command post.

Well, the National Guard officer I saw was carry a Motorola XTS3000 portable. That radio does not do Phase II TDMA. So they are using something else besides the county system.

Status
Not open for further replies.