Anybody still using a PRO-43?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankJ

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My PRO-43 functions perfectly with no keypad issues. I use it everyday for the VHF/UHF airbands more than my GRE PSR-500!

Frank

SCPD

QRT
frank ihv 2--43 scanners but hv keypad problems one side of scanner #1the 3 -6-9keys i have to hit 5-6 times to get it to work any ideas for a fix?? incidently one is the RS and the other one is a realistic which at times has same type of trouble tnz bob

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Pro-43

Mine still works though the speaker is useless. It looks new.

I had to replace a part that failed in it but RS diagnosed it and couldn't provide the part. Got the part from G&G scanner as a takeout component.

G&G won't repair these because keypad parts are no longer available.

Since the radio isn't programmable by computer and does not have alpha tags and does not have a very effective backlight I don't use it much.

I'm also annoyed that the external power connection is an odd size and reverse polarity from my current crop of GRE-based scanners.

avgas

I use mine, it has not been turned off in years. It sits beside the bed 24/7. Its a great scanner.

Star56

Premium Subscriber
I have one coming from ebay that is supposed to be perfect working shape

Anyone know where to get replacement keyboards if needed?

Tom

I've got one that has not been used in about 10 years, other scanners have replaced the 43, but it's in the safe with many others for future use. the 96 and 2096 are the main ones now. My 43 is in perfect shape having limited use.

nyscan

bobf9f5 said:
incidently one is the RS and the other one is a realistic
What's the difference....does one label denote a later version than the other?

mike260

Pro 43

Mine works great and is used almost daily. Bought it new when they first came out, along with a Pro 2006 that is also still in use and have never regretted it. They will never be for sale. I replaced the keypad on the 43 myself a few years ago. It was very easy.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I don't use it as often as I did in the past, but several 'emergency' channels are stored in the PRO 43 and it is used when needed.

It still works and for some systems, at least as well as some of the newer scanners.

Nasby

It WAS a great scanner in it's day. But with all the digital and trunked systems, my PRO-43 now collects dust. Unless I go to an airshow.

Star56

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased one from ebay and it is in pristine shape. It is now dedicated scanning the local airport and aviation. It whips my other scanners (except 2006) in this regard.

Big_Ears

Pro-43

I obtained mine at a flea market years ago. The speaker volumne is the only complaint, but the sensitivity is excellant.

It currently is dedicated to MIL-AIR and ARTCC(UHF).

Status
Not open for further replies.