Anybody using a small pro sound mixer with scanners ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjrjr507

Hi scanner listeners

Is anybody using small pro sound mixers with scanners ? I have an small crate CMX32 mixer that I bought used for $80 bucks that I have hooked up to my 2 scanners; BCT15 & BC890XLT & XM radio & also my 2 computers using a 2 computer switcher. Still have room for a SW radio. Using the aux send of the mixer to send recording signals to the computer. The setup seems to work fairly well so far. Also have the REC out jack of the BCT15 hooked into the computer in case I want to record from that separately.

Happy listening

hockeyshrink

Not a pro mixer, but I am running my GMRS, MURS, 144/440, and hf rigs in to a Radio Shack 4 channel mixer, then out to an EverVoice amp system. If I want to use headphones I plug right in to the EV speaker, or run that out to a computer to record as well.

DPD1

That's really the way to go... Then maybe a decent reference amp with some flat reference speakers. Lots of people always go with the individual external speakers. But mixing through one source is the best way to do it. Also, it can help a lot to get a patch bay, so you can swap stuff around without crawling around under the table. You can also route stuff through a compressor that way, or whatever other stuff you may want to use. It's really no different than music equipment. Audio is audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.