Anyone about here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_NZ

Hi All,
Just wondered if there were still people scanning around in little old New Zealand?
A couple of months ago I procured a RSP-1A SDR, best decision I ever made, I'm not into digital at all,
but the analouge things you can find with an SDR is awesome.

What are you other guys up to?

majoco

Stirrer
Here's a quick look at my desk in Palmerston North.

All tidy sml.jpg

From the top of the tall cabinet, two Uniden UBCT8 scanners, a Kenwood R2000 HF receiver, an Icom R7000 VHF/UHF receiver and a JRC NRD 515 HF receiver. Hiding behind the laptop, which is displaying the GUI for a Winradio G33DDC HF receiver, is a homebrewed power supply which delivers 13.8 volts to all those receivers that use 12volts, a small stereo amplifier that feeds the two speakers at the top of the tall cabinet, a GPS derived clock in UTC and couple of handhelds. The cabinet on the right contains a Behringer 8 channel stereo mixer which catches all the line output audio from the radios and feeds the selected audio to the amplifier and speakers - another output goes to an old desktop running "ScanRec" to catch the audio that I'm not listening to(?). Under that is a VLF/HF multicoupler which feeds signal to all the HF receivers (and others out of sight) from a triangular 30metre loop outside. The receiver at the bottom is an ex-marine Debeg 7313 which has great audio for HF and MF broadcast band reception.
The old desktop computer runs Windows XP and can display/control the scanners and the R7000. At the top of the tall cabinet is a KDK FM2030 for the Ham 2metre band and an MP3 player/VHF FM transmitter which I can feed from the mixer so I can hear everything from all over the house and garden - but not much further!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I assume you guys have an equivalent of this; Latest Earthquakes

I keep track of your moving and shaking with it daily.

de W0JOG
In the states of course... I look at that website every morning before I check out our disastrous stock market. I check out the world every day, including Australia and New Zealand.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Plenty to listen to there. A couple of Ham freq, the law and ambo. Fire if it does 75Mhz and the corresponding vhf or uhf handhelds
A bit of marine too.
DOC.
Just to mention a few

Don't forget the aircraft.

I was hoping to find some Trunking channels, that's why I got the BCT15X

I started a thread on it
Otago Trunking | RadioReference.com Forums

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

scottjpalmer

Don't forget the aircraft.

I was hoping to find some Trunking channels, that's why I got the BCT15X

I started a thread on it
Otago Trunking | RadioReference.com Forums

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

See my post in the Otago Trunking thread. I don't think there are too many (if any) trunking systems in your area or even in NZ that the BCT15X can track. You'll need to get hold of a digital scanner or an SDR (USB stick for your computer, no scanner required).

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for you reply.
I have a couple of SDR's here, RTL-SDR & SDRPlay-RSPdx.
Wasn't aware they would receive trunking radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.