Anyone answer this 536HP issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Ok updated the 536HP sd card.
Updated the firmware.
Took full database and turned on put zipcode in .(07014)
Gave me Teterboro Airport located in Bergen County,NJ
Terrific! at this point I had EMS......
I have all the Service types on.
I had a home patrol......I know how this works.
Put current channels into a favorites list marked NJ.
OK??
Hit avoid on the NYC channels and some bergen county and passaic county systems.Permanent Avoid.keep in mind I locked out some bergen county,teterboro airport was not in the avoid list.
poof! Teterboroi Airport is now gone and so is ALL EMS out of the System Types I mean all of them!
What the heck happened?

I did this twice to see if it would occur again ,it did.
I also noticed with full database on NJPSIC system was working it now scans and doesnt.....Montclair too.
I did not touch those nor are they in the avoid list .What happened?

JoeyC

Hard to decipher your forums shorthand, but...

You said you made a FL with what you want, then you say you went and set a lot of avoids. Why would you put a lot of things in a FL that you ultimately avoid?

My advice, make a FL with what you want to hear, turn OFF the full database forget about zip codes, ranges, circles and the HP crap. Make sure the service type is on and correct for whatever channels you add.

SCPD

QRT
Better idea

I am using a favorites list
The full database IS off!
The favorites list is named NJ and it s the only one on.
The channels that are avoided may be used at some point,so why would I leave them out?They just arent within 5 mile (the range is set to 5 mile)
So the channels I have are the ones I want to hear.
It does load very quick.
Doing what you said defeats the whole idea of the scanner,I could get ARC 536 and do just that but why should I have to?
Teterboro airport disappeared without me shutting off airports in service types,oddly Newark and Caldwell are still there.
So I 'd say we have a problem here,wouldnt you say?
The other stupid thing is NYC is 10 miles away+,I am set to 5 miles,so why do i even have to deal with NYC ?(its avoided)
At least it doesnt enable Conneticut,like the Home Patrol does when set to 5 miles.

Last edited:

McCroskey

Based upon the questions you are asking and the fact I know most (if not all) are addressed/answered in the manual, I'm guessing you haven't made the effort to read it.

I would strongly recommend doing that.

phask

Premium Subscriber
"The other stupid thing is NYC is 10 miles away+,I am set to 5 miles,so why do i even have to deal with NYC ?(its avoided)
At least it doesnt enable Conneticut,like the Home Patrol does when set to 5 miles."

Same database - same logic.
If you did the same with the HP1 then you are doing something wrong.

Do you have location on for the FL? Unless you use it mobile, I ask WHY?

SCPD

QRT
I fixed it

This is what i did:
Deleted the NJ playlist.
Renamed it NEW JERSEY.
Did the EXACT same thing.
Guess what?
It works. Third times a charm!
This radio has flaws!
It doesnt decode Bergen County P25 system and has a squelch problem at the end of tansmissions.
Thats ok,at least I am scaanning what I want to scan now.

I do have location on for mobile.Yes.

Dewey

As mentioned by JoeyC, it's hard to decipher your forum shorthand... if you deleted the NJ "playlist" (?Favorite?), then how did you rename it??? Either you deleted and replaced it with a different named FL, or you just renamed it without deleting it.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Deleted the NJ playlist.
Renamed it NEW JERSEY.

Did you actually mean to write:

Deleted the NJ playlist.
Created a NEW playlist and renamed it NEW JERSEY.

Because we don't know how you can delete something, and then rename it after you deleted it....:confused:

RBMTS

I believe what he did was delete the FL in the scanner, then he renamed his NJ list in Sentinel to "New Jersey" and then re-uploaded that FL to the scanner.

K2RTY - one thing I might suggest if this happens again is to modify your FL to not have any location control. In other words, the FL could be used where ever you are in the US if you turned it on. I have a feeling that because you use a GPS, somehow the 536 was storing a location that was different from where you actually were and the 5 mile radius was not large enough to activate the FL or some of the departments in the FL.

Just a thought for you to consider.

SCPD

QRT
yes

Did you actually mean to write:

Deleted the NJ playlist.
Created a NEW playlist and renamed it NEW JERSEY.

Because we don't know how you can delete something, and then rename it after you deleted it....:confused:

Exactly ,sorry for the confusion.

SCPD

QRT
Not mobile yet

I believe what he did was delete the FL in the scanner, then he renamed his NJ list in Sentinel to "New Jersey" and then re-uploaded that FL to the scanner.

K2RTY - one thing I might suggest if this happens again is to modify your FL to not have any location control. In other words, the FL could be used where ever you are in the US if you turned it on. I have a feeling that because you use a GPS, somehow the 536 was storing a location that was different from where you actually were and the 5 mile radius was not large enough to activate the FL or some of the departments in the FL.

Just a thought for you to consider.

Havent took it mobile,away from the home location yet so GPS is not issue.
Not even a day old
Probably not keeping it anyway so you can lock this thread !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.