Anyone else monitor Tyndall AFB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
With the bands opening up in my area I have been able to monitor Tyndall AFB Motorola Type II for the last few days. Tyndall Air Force Base (Digital) Trunking System, Panama City, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

One of the first things I have noticed was they are no longer transmitting on the analog side of the system. They have completely moved over to digital. The control channels remain the same. In the past there system was a mix of both. All the talkgroup ID’s listed currently on RR are no longer valid. I have over 2 dozen new ID so far. I was just curious if someone else noticed or was monitoring. I will post the update in a few days.

Note: I'm surprised they haven't moved over to the U.S. Dept. of Defense: Southeastern Region P-25 system like all the other military bases in the area.

Last edited:

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I monitor it when i get to go to Panama City. I was there last November but if you say the last few days then my stuff is invaild as well. I am going to Destin in April so i am planning to drive down after work Tues night/Wed morning which will give me a chance to "Raptor stalk" there close to the base. I can't wait to check it out. I guess the next thing for them to do is go encrypted on all the good channels.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I should say i'll get to spend most of Wed checking it out before i have to drive up the beach to check in my hotel in Destin.

bradc

In my scanner the control channel is still analog and i cant get my scanner to trunk it. i have everything loaded conventionally. what are the talkgroup id's you have found? cause i cant find any except for a NAC code of 103

CaptSplatter

Tafb

I have entered all the freq into my scanner but so far nothing. I think they are trunked right but I don't know. Waiting till Monday to see if I hear anything.

Standing By.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
To get a scanner to trunk properly the info must be loaded in as a Motorola VHF/UHF system plus the custom table that is also required. Going down in a week and two days.

bradc

What are the digital talkgroups you have found? i cant find any........they made the switch to digital about a month ago. Also the coast guard in the area has changed its primary ops to a digital channel also.

KE5TLF

Umm...a "trunktrackerIII" isn't digital so therein lies your problem.

I logged 43 TGID's and 381 users overnight Sunday in Jackson County, MS. :)

Nothing extremely useful in and of itself other than to illustrate some serious work needs to be done on this system by those within "normal" monitoring range.

Need more feedback on the DOD TRS as well while we're somewhat on the topic. :)

And while I'm at it NAS Pensacola's VHF system needs some work too. Although they are almost entirely on the DOD system I have logged it a few times over that last few months and it seems to have a few TGID's still active. Sysid seems to have changed to 6021 as well if this is indeed NAS Pensacola I'm hearing. (all the freqs I've logged are the same as the ones currently listed in the DB)
http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...ssion-forum/173667-new-unidented-fed-trs.html

Last edited:

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Was out by Tyndall today and they indeed have abandoned the analog side and are all P25. The new talkgroups seem to appear all over the possiblilites. It will takde some time to sort them all out, again.

bradc

I have finally decoded the talkgroups for Tyndall. It took me about a month but i have the majority of the id's. I live right across the water from Tyndall so i have all of their MilAir freq's also. I also have been hearing some activity from Customs and Border Protection and Coast Guard. I am goin to Eglin this weekend for their airshow and will do more monitoring over there.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I have finally decoded the talkgroups for Tyndall. It took me about a month but i have the majority of the id's. I live right across the water from Tyndall so i have all of their MilAir freq's also. I also have been hearing some activity from Customs and Border Protection and Coast Guard. I am goin to Eglin this weekend for their airshow and will do more monitoring over there.

I hope you are planning to send what you decoded so to speak to the database administrator so we all can enjoy your work. Sure helps us out of towners out. Thanks.

ecps92

Post your other Federal findings [CG, CBP etc]

bradc

Coast Guard is on 162.325 with a NAC code of 293
Customs and Border Protection on 169.45 and 164.775 CT of 100.0

bradc

And since you put it like that ill let you figure it out on your own. My dad works out at the base so i know what everything is but if you wanna be a jerk about it then figure it out yourself bud :) Maybe you (out of towners) will learn to be nice about things

wise871

Database Admin
I must have missed something in the above conversation. Anyway, Tyndall has moved to the digital side of the house. The control channels remain the same. All the TG listed on Radio Reference are obsolete. You will need a digital scanner to monitor the traffic. I've been running Unitrunker and recording audio for the last month to ID all the new talkgroups. So far I have ID over 30 TG and I have another 55 that I'm trying to get a positive ID name and user. I plan on posting some of the info in a few more days.

P.S. I'm local :)

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Dan. I'm glad we have some mature posters on these threads. I wasn't meaning to ruffle any feathers, was only asking by saying hoping that he would share with everyone else. But oh well folks take things the wrong way. I have 610 plus posts and i dont recall being a jerk to anyone. Oh well, thats all fine and dandy. Ir wont be long before Tyndall goes the way of Eglin and encrypts the major public safety talkgroups anyways. Plus its scheduled to loose ALL the F-15's by years end and put a lot of good folks out of work. Unless they can find a new mission which will be hard to do under the current Raptor hating administration.

bradc

Yes they are getting rid of the F-15s but they've been around since the 70s. And they are sending people to other bases for different jobs and planes such as the F-35 like Eglin is getting. I havent anything about encrypting any talkgroups but if i do ill let ya know. And your response came off as if you were being smart or something.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
In my scanner the control channel is still analog ...
Just for your edification control channels, by definition, are digital; your statement here makes no sense.

And since you put it like that ill let you figure it out on your own. My dad works out at the base so i know what everything is but if you wanna be a jerk about it then figure it out yourself bud :) Maybe you (out of towners) will learn to be nice about things
This type of attitude is not welcome on this site. I saw nothing in the thread that would warrant this response.

...And your response came off as if you were being smart or something.
No, it didn't.

I will suggest that perhaps you curtail your posting until you can control keeping your "feelings" from overwhelming your posting content. You joined this site in July of 2009 and until this thread you have not posted; as an introduction to your posting style, this presents a poor first effort.

wise871

Database Admin
bradc
Did you make the Air Show today? I was there with my 396XT and ID the Air Boss on 123.475 and a bunch or Eglin TG used during the Air Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.