• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anyone ever monitor new trunking systems being setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lake-hamilton

From time to time people upgrade there radio communications to a whole new system.
I have never monitored one being set up and what you hear. Anyone ever had any experience in hearing what goes on with it. I'd imagine you would hear the radio techs testing different channels or talkgroups seeing if its setup properly.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
New setups

lake-hamilton said:
From time to time people upgrade there radio communications to a whole new system.
I have never monitored one being set up and what you hear. Anyone ever had any experience in hearing what goes on with it. I'd imagine you would hear the radio techs testing different channels or talkgroups seeing if its setup properly.

During re-banding of the Colorado State DTRS system there are conversations. But the radio tech talkgroups are encrypted so we can't tell what they are saying.

Raccon

Here is what they say: ' testing 1, 2, 3 ... testing 1, 2, 3 ...."

RolnCode3

We were all monitoring the setup of the new system here.

BORING. It's just the techs talking back and forth.

But, if you run Unitrunker you can see more of what's going on. It's just not interesting to listen to.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Yup, we have 5 tunnels (10 for communications if you count both directions) and starting late 2006 techs were testing VA STARS for several weeks in these tunnels. The system is VHF P25 but test were also checked on 800 MHz for interop with the 8 different 800 trunking systems in the area.

tj20

I was listening when they were setting up our city provoice/analog mix trunk system. I did hear alot of tech testing going "test 1...2...3", but it also made it easy to get the LCN.

BaLa

Like everybody else said..

Just a bunch of testing to start out with.
Mostly coverage at first I suppose.

Then setup the talkgroups.
Somehwere in there they start using the system little by little.
This might be different in some places, they might switch everybody at the same time.

Actually listening to a Military Base System here as they're setting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.