• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anyone ever order from Power Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchnitzTech

When my wife asked for this years Hannukah wish list I sent her a link to an Icom IC-F3021 handheld on the Power Works (radio-accessories.com) site. She ordered on-line (Dec 20), got a reciept in an email right away, then nothing. We have not gotten and email response and all calls go to voicemail. We have left a few messages with no replies. Has anyone here heard or ordered from this place before. I'm thinking it's time to call the bank to try to get our money back.

cifn2

Feed Provider
I can't say I have purchased from them, but, I don't see any Icom IC-F3021 handhelds on their website either. Might want to pull the receipt and check the credit card statement and send them an email if the phones are going unanswered, did notice the are located in CA, so time difference shouldn't be an issue for you. Let us know how it plays out.

gmrsoutlet

The company at the website you link to is not an Authorized Icom Dealer. So buyer beware. Either you have the company name wrong from where you purchased, or they don't have access to the product at the moment via their unofficial channel.

If they are "2-stepping" (buying the product from another dealer to sell on the street second hand) - they might be having a problem sourcing the product from their source. The F3021 have been in short supply at Icom - so dealers that don't stock likely have been struggling to meet demand - it has been very hit an miss on this series over the past several months.

We have some on hand at the moment, and Icom does as well right now. If you need assistance in getting the product we can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.