Anyone familar with any motorola shops in guilford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I know piedmont is all the way in durham but i wanted to know if someone knows the name of the shop in greensboro, I mean i can only guess since thats where BPD/GPD takes most of their cars to get their 800mhz radios installed and maintained.

Im just hoping if the shop in greensboro supports astro sabers, i might save myself a good amount of gas to go there instead of durham.

anyone know the name or number?

tried googling it but doesnt come up, tried greensboro radio shop, etc.

All the help would be great, just looking for a few accessories and new bats.

If i cant really get help from them i might as well make the trip to durham tomorrow.

randyK

The City of Greensboro has a radio shop that maintains all of their stuff. There used to be a motorola shop off of Lee st. & Van Wert st., but I think it closed down. I'm not sure about any others. Seems like Winston Salem has one.
Randy

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Mmm I guess the best thing to do is go to piedmont two way instead then if that shop wont really help anyone else other then the counties... just a thought, i might call and ask if i knew there number, just need some simple codeplug editing "which i was told is difficult" a few accessories if i can find what i want.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Durhams not close but any other by any chance know of any? i thought there was one somewhere in thomasville

JJones27320

RCS is in Winston Salem at 800 Megahertz Dr (I love that address)

and I'm not sure in Grady Fonville is still in business in Greensboro, but he used to do alot of Motorola work for the county fire departments back in the day. His show is (was) off Martin Luther King near Florida St

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Wonder if i googled it if the number shows up, i want to call both places, piedmont and RCS and see how different prices could be.. unless its worth trying

Add: Ok i just got off the phone with RCS, they do programming but they dont carry most stuff in stock but they can get it, but they told me theres another shop called, Amerirising or something thats a motorola dealer, anyone heard of it?

Last edited:

KM4WLV

I may be worng, but last time I was at RCS they didn't / couldn't / wouldn't do anything with a Saber. Their big line that they push is Kenwood, GE/Erricson/MaCom, & Vertex - Standard. They may still mess in Moto's but I'mnot sure how much. They do the installs for Forsyth, Guilford SO & a number of other agencies up that way.

RCS Winston Salem - (336) 788-9191 (ask for the 2-way division)

Web : rcs

Hope this is of some help !!!

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I may be worng, but last time I was at RCS they didn't / couldn't / wouldn't do anything with a Saber. Their big line that they push is Kenwood, GE/Erricson/MaCom, & Vertex - Standard. They may still mess in Moto's but I'mnot sure how much. They do the installs for Forsyth, Guilford SO & a number of other agencies up that way.

RCS Winston Salem - (336) 788-9191 (ask for the 2-way division)

Web : rcs

Hope this is of some help !!!

Thanks, i got in contact with em, they referred me over to another person, then i found Grady Fonville, his shop doesnt carry anything for the astro sabers... well guess ill have to look in the RR classifieds for what i want now and Im staying off ebay for a bit, just looking for a mic, batteries i found on interstate batteries, atbatt and amazon, just need a holster if i was planning on getting those high capacity batteries with 2700Mah...

small Li-Ion's would be nice

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
Motoroal in Winston Salem

Wonder if i googled it if the number shows up, i want to call both places, piedmont and RCS and see how different prices could be.. unless its worth trying

Add: Ok i just got off the phone with RCS, they do programming but they dont carry most stuff in stock but they can get it, but they told me theres another shop called, Amerirising or something thats a motorola dealer, anyone heard of it?

Amerizon pronounced Ameri-Zone
336-761-1911

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Looks like my plan to go to durham failed, amerizon doesnt have the correct CPS version and RCS... no, Uh Grady Fonville same.

I think there was one in charlotte but dont know if im wanting to go that far, might as well wait around or until i can see if motorola would let me get an MOL then download the version myself, if its available

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Dont want to open up another thread but is there anyone here in the community that owns a radioshop or works for one?

Im looking to trade my 2 batteries that wont fit my saber, NTN4592 "wont fit" Im looking for NTN4595 "they are the ones needed"

Anyone thats able to direct me to a shop in nc? Ill just mail or ill do a road trip just for batteries!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
C138Kaysone-
Time to take it to the classified forums from here on out.
Thanks.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.