Anyone from Brampton/Mississauga

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

I needed help with my Uniden BCD996T if someone is willing im willing to pay if need be any help would be appreciated thanks

nova1010

I needed help with my Uniden BCD996T if someone is willing im willing to pay if need be any help would be appreciated thanks

What do you need I'll make you a file you don't need to pay anyone.....unless anyone has one made that they can send to Un1x come on guys help him out we were all newbies at one point.

cstockmyer

Basicly, im looking to where to start off i just dont know ive tried manualy tuneing into the frequencys by radio reference for Peel Police no luck at all i just wanna be pointed in the right direction to start using the scanner im not asking to be spoonfed as i assume most people here are thinking and therefore not helping any help on your part would be greatly appreciated!

sulk

The Peel police are a Trunked system. So that means that their conversations don't just happen on one frequency. They jump around on a bunch of different frequencies. So if you tuned into just one channel, you would only be getting part of the conversation.

But you have a trunking scanner, so you can either program it using software (Like BCTool, or others that people recommend). Or on the scanner itself.

I'd recommend programming it with software to begin with, because if you're like me, when you first got the radio you had no idea what was going on.

It helps if you get the subscribe to the RR database, because then you can just download the peel police systems info automatically in BCTool, and then just upload that to the scanner.

But I know there are a few members in the area, if you really cant figure it out. It takes a bit of time, but it once it clicks, its really easy.

VE3RADIO

I told you in PM that i would meet up with you at a Tim Horton's.. I have a 996 and i have the software.. so let me know.. I live at Erin Mills and Dundas.

_jabber_

He's Disappeared

Looks like he's figured it out or just forgot about the post.... shows he hasn't been on since the day after the post :p

Night_Moves

I'm in the same boat...I have 2 scanners and nothing much in either....any help would be appreciated...I'm in Mississauga and looking for a list of frequencies and how to program them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.