• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

anyone going to IWCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Did y'all see anything new and interesting? Radio Geeks have to know.... :)

Kenwood/EFJ wasn't there, so nothing on their multiband other than the short teaser video that's been shared.
Tait didn't have their multiband ready.
Harris did have a hand held control head for the XL-200M mobile on display.
A company selling low band repeaters/base stations built off the Kenwood NX-5600H

Was a better show than last fall. More people, but no where near as large as pre-COVID shows.

RussH

While I'm happy to hear it was better than last year's show, I'm not sorry I didn't go to this one. Oh well, hopefully APCO will be worthwhile.

I am excited to have an opportunity to see that hand held control head though.
I did see that low-band repeater at the NAPCO vendor showcase in October and thought that was pretty novel. Unfortunately, I still have some lowband dependent agencies up here and continued support for them has been problematic.

I don't recall seeing any CCR reps, not as many accessory folks either. My friends at EMR did not make it, offhand I don't recall if Fiplex or other filter/duplexer folks were there. I spent a few hours in a JPS presentation, they are getting into cyber security with their firewall gear.

Narda had their big $ RDF system on display, Bruce Marcus and Mmckeena both showed up as I was talking with the reps.
Having done some RFI work for Verizon in Los Angeles county a few years back that would have been much handier than sticking a yagi out the window.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
While I'm happy to hear it was better than last year's show, I'm not sorry I didn't go to this one. Oh well, hopefully APCO will be worthwhile.

Yeah, I got a bit out of it. Gave myself 2 full days, only needed one. Went back for the second day to look at a few thing, but left about 2pm.

I am excited to have an opportunity to see that hand held control head though.

I think our chief is going to like this for her car.

I did see that low-band repeater at the NAPCO vendor showcase in October and thought that was pretty novel. Unfortunately, I still have some lowband dependent agencies up here and continued support for them has been problematic.

That guy and his son were interesting to talk too. Pretty interesting insight on Low Band.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I don't recall seeing any CCR reps, not as many accessory folks either. My friends at EMR did not make it, offhand I don't recall if Fiplex or other filter/duplexer folks were there. I spent a few hours in a JPS presentation, they are getting into cyber security with their firewall gear.

OPEK antennas was there, with a lonely looking sales guy. Never saw anyone talking to him.

Narda had their big $ RDF system on display, Bruce Marcus and Mmckeena both showed up as I was talking with the reps.
Having done some RFI work for Verizon in Los Angeles county a few years back that would have been much handier than sticking a yagi out the window.

Impressive product with an equally impressive price tag. If you buy one, can I borrow it?

Do the low band guys have mobiles or portables? A Kenwood dealer friend has a client in the 30 MHz band who is looking for more radios. He didn't make the show and asked me just now about finding radios for them.
I missed the low band booth and the IWCE site pulled the vendor booth map so I can't figure out who they are.

I talked with some low band guys in 2019, might have been the same company, they were way back from the main aisle,

Matt - The Narda guy said they do rentals, I think you had moved on by that point.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Do the low band guys have mobiles or portables? A Kenwood dealer friend has a client in the 30 MHz band who is looking for more radios. He didn't make the show and asked me just now about finding radios for them.
I missed the low band booth and the IWCE site pulled the vendor booth map so I can't figure out who they are.

Comtronix was the company, they only have repeaters and base radios. Products – Comtronix Communications
NX-5600H's modified in a box, essentially. The guy who runs it was an ex-Midland guy, still supported the CHP stuff. Interesting guy to talk to.
They were not selling any mobiles or portables.

There was a French company there called TPL that did have some interesting low band products. www.tplsystemes.com
They did have some low, mid and high band VHF products. Some had FCC type certifications. The mobiles were a hand held control head product, and I think did 50 watts or so. Not really aimed at the public safety market, but more of an industrial radio. I think he said the mobile worked out to around $1100 each.

Matt - The Narda guy said they do rentals, I think you had moved on by that point.

OK, good to know. So far I've been able to get everything with patience and a yagi. Nice to know there are some options.

So far I've been able to get everything with patience and a yagi.
I had a site that was kicking my ass on 781 MHz, standard video camera RFI. We drove up and down the street but kept missing the signal. Finally we caught a red light and the spec an peaked. I pointed the yagi up at a window next to me and found it. It was a camera on the 2nd floor right across the street from the Verizon site, the tan building.

Attachments

• IMAG0261.jpg
    IMAG0261.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.