Anyone going to Sun 'n Fun '09?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor05121

Absolutely cannot wait! I live here in north Florida and I've already requested the whole week off. Going to load up the truck, bring the camper, and stay the week :D

Anyone else going? It might be a bit difficult to find people because 80% of all the people there have radios in their hands...

Raptor05121

April 21-26 in Lakeland, Florida. Basically it is the worlds biggest air-show/fly-in with tens of thousands of airplanes flying in making KLAL the busiest Class C in the world.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
April 21-26 in Lakeland, Florida. Basically it is the worlds biggest air-show/fly-in with tens of thousands of airplanes flying in making KLAL the busiest Class C in the world.

Actually Oshkosh, WI (your big brother to Sun N Fun) has you beat for worlds biggest. But enough of the technicalities, the last time i was there was in '96 (yeah i know too long of a hiatus for me) and it was awesome. It's really cool to see all the planes on final and on downwind, etc coming in to land. And the pilots response to the controllers is wagging their wings when told to do so as the controllers call out plane color instead of N number. Have fun.

Raptor05121

Thanks for the technicality update, Corn. I was trying to get the point across- ya know?

I'll most likely be at the Mooney stands. Gawd I love to fly fast!!!

kny2xb

I'll be driving over from Palm Harbor one day that week. Going to have my scanner, digital camera, and GMRS h-t. Looking forward to this very much. Great way to spend a day off!

cbadie

I work for Honeywell (read Bendix/King) and I'll be there. Come check out the AV8OR!

Clark

bravodelta79

I've been flying since 2004 and haven't been to OSH or S-n-F. I hope to make them both this year.

As for ham, I just took my Tech and am waiting for my call and my new Yaesu VX-6R to get started.

Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.