TRX-1: Anyone have a LARGE HAMMER!!!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBase1

Hi Guys ,

Pheww ok i need desperate urgent help please or it will be going in the recycle bin in teeny weeny pieces ...i am a new owner of the trx1 , now for nearly 5 weeks and not got a damn thing on it. and so peeeeeeed off right now.
I have ezscan installed on laptop, all updates all completed and ok. Sd card in working order.

I have watched videos on youtube by stewart from airshow world (i think he is briliant the way he explains things ) have followed step by step I can find the freqs , then copy/paste to ezscan on the conv tab...click import...then click Scanner/SDcard....Copy config to sd card/scanner ( I do this after setting up new config and Vfolder.) ....so click Copy config to sd card/scanner. Tx1 powers down itself..... Then after few seconds, message shows/says "Copy Complete" ...then tx1 powers back on. I then look on scanner , scanlists nothing (Just the name i give the scanlist med1) ...i look in Objects...Nothing in there.

The scanlist number 1 med1 where the freqs should of be on scanner says empty ( Scanlist 1 is ticked and enabled) on scanner

Can anyone please experienced or new to this tx1 help with step by step instructions how to actually get the freqs into the scanner so can listen.

Oh 1 more question while am writing and thinking here...once i am finished with the freqs on the Conv tab and the Scanlist tab on ezscan...what do i do to clear and new blank page to copy/paste a new set freqs on the tab ( say maybe copy mil air and send to scanner)

Ok guys thanks for reading , and welcome any help to this highly stressed peed off new owner. Wish i had just got a new ubc125 , much easier hand programming.
Thanks
RB1 UK

Swipesy

Lets start from the top -

There are about 8 items you have to make sure you have done with the EZScan software.

1. On the General Tab make sure you have defined your scanlists and Enabled it.
2. On the General Tab make sure you have selected the correct Band Plan
3. In the US I turn off Set Location
4. On the Advanced Tab make sure that you have Scan Set 01 All Scan Lists Enabled
5. On the Conventional and or Trunked Tabs be sure you have entered your frequencies or Talkgroups and that you have assigned a Scanlist that you enabled on the General Tab. Also make sure the frequencies or Talkgroups you entered are not Locked Out.
6. If you are using Talkgroups make sure you have downloaded a System and its Control and Alternate frequencies (for Trunked do this before Step 5).
7. When Steps 1 - 6 are complete click on the Scanner/SDCard Item on top of EZScan and copy the configuration to your Scanner (scanner turned off) (it is faster if you take the card our of the scanner and use a PC SD Card reader).
8. Reinsert SDCard in scanner and turn scanner on. You should be good to go if you are with in range of the frequencies/systems you are trying to listen to.

Once you have completed Steps 1- 8, if you don't receive traffic come back to this forum and more trouble shooting can be done. Good luck.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Okay, let's see if I can try to help you...I'm a little confused by the info you provided but I'll try my best. I've had a TRX-1 for several years and use EZ Scan at least weekly with no issues. So, let's get started (and we can get more in detail in DM if needed)

I have ezscan installed on laptop, all updates all completed and ok. Sd card in working order.

followed step by step I can find the freqs , then copy/paste to ezscan on the conv tab...click import...
So, do I understand the frequencies are in EZ Scan and showing in the conventional tab? If so, have you assigned a scan list and activated that scan list? Do you also have a scan set activated? Scan Lists are 1-200 on the general tab, Scan Sets are 1-20 in the Advanced tab (typically you use scan set 1).

then click Scanner/SDcard....Copy config to sd card/scanner ( I do this after setting up new config and Vfolder.) ....so click Copy config to sd card/scanner. Tx1 powers down itself..... Then after few seconds, message shows/says "Copy Complete" ...then tx1 powers back on. I then look on scanner , scanlists nothing (Just the name i give the scanlist med1) ...i look in Objects...Nothing in there.
Before you try to import the info in the scanner, TURN THE SCANNER OFF. Then click on copy to SD card.
Popup Box: OVERWRITE WARNING click on YES
Popup Box: Select SD Card: shows TRX-1 (drive letter) click on continue
Popup Box: Select V-Scanner: (do not change anything) click on copy folders (bottom right corner)
The process is slow, be patient, it shows the process in a popup box.

Oh 1 more question while am writing and thinking here...once i am finished with the freqs on the Conv tab and the Scanlist tab on ezscan...what do i do to clear and new blank page to copy/paste a new set freqs on the tab ( say maybe copy mil air and send to scanner)
If you are adding to the list you do not clear anything, you keeping adding to it.

TRY THIS and let us know. DM if needed

Attachments

• USING EZ SCAN TO IMPORT TRUNKED SYSTEMS.pdf
    731.9 KB · Views: 43

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Edited, I see you're in the UK so not sure if this applies or not...

You're in good hands, I would try to pick up noaa weather first by pressing the WX button as many times as it takes to pick up the broadcast. If you can't pickup NOAA, try a different antenna as the sometimes the factory antennas are junk right out of the box.

RedBase1

There are about 8 items you have to make sure you have done with the EZScan software.

4. On the Advanced Tab make sure that you have Scan Set 01 All Scan Lists Enabled
5. On the Conventional and or Trunked Tabs be sure you have entered your frequencies or Talkgroups and that you have assigned a Scanlist that you enabled on the General Tab. Also make sure the frequencies or Talkgroups you entered are not Locked Out.
6. If you are using Talkgroups make sure you have downloaded a System and its Control and Alternate frequencies (for Trunked do this before Step 5).
7. When Steps 1 - 6 are complete click on the Scanner/SDCard Item on top of EZScan and copy the configuration to your Scanner (scanner turned off) (it is faster if you take the card our of the scanner and use a PC SD Card reader).
8. Reinsert SDCard in scanner and turn scanner on. You should be good to go if you are with in range of the frequencies/systems you are trying to listen to.

Once you have completed Steps 1- 8, if you don't receive traffic come back to this forum and more trouble shooting can be done. Good luck.
Hi Swipsey , cheers for the reply. i am reading your message slowly and carefully , need to get it right. I am at my pc now with tx1 on and connected.

Give me 5-10 mins to try your guide and will post back.
Btw.... i just had scanlist filled with few freqs to test it and it worked and could see them listed freqs and alpha tags....then when the tx powered up , i made new config , copy/paste new set numbers civ air...did exactly what i did first time for scanlist 1......it not enter any freqs data in number 2....and (this bit is really annoying part) scanlist 1 that DID work as i said , has now disappeared and says Empty on 1 again.

RedBase1

Edited, I see you're in the UK so not sure if this applies or not...

You're in good hands, I would try to pick up noaa weather first by pressing the WX button as many times as it takes to pick up the broadcast. If you can't pickup NOAA, try a different antenna as the sometimes the factory antennas are junk right out of the box.

Hi Wacky...yer i am in UK. There is a freq for national or nationwide weather i could try. I not tried pressing the WX key yet. Will give that a go cheers.

RedBase1

Ok Swipesy....i am doing above steps now in order...will report back cheers.

RedBase1

[/QUOTE
Okay, let's see if I can try to help you...I'm a little confused by the info you provided but I'll try my best. I've had a TRX-1 for several years and use EZ Scan at least weekly with no issues. So, let's get started (and we can get more in detail in DM if needed)

So, do I understand the frequencies are in EZ Scan and showing in the conventional tab? If so, have you assigned a scan list and activated that scan list? Do you also have a scan set activated? Scan Lists are 1-200 on the general tab, Scan Sets are 1-20 in the Advanced tab (typically you use scan set 1).

Before you try to import the info in the scanner, TURN THE SCANNER OFF. Then click on copy to SD card.
Popup Box: Select V-Scanner: (do not change anything) click on copy folders (bottom right corner)

If you are adding to the list you do not clear anything, you keeping adding to it.

Yer i get as far a the frequencies in EZ Scan and showing in the conventional tab and shows on scanlist. Have followed your guide and message on radio saying shows Empty Scanlist Altho i do have scanlists ticked enabled both on ezscan page and on radio lists.
Am i missing something or doing something wrong. Everything looks good i double check scanlists, numbers, where freqs going to , the folders Why is ezscan saying that "Copy Complete" when it has not sent data to tx1?? As i said , when i came on pc and tx tonight. it did work but only one time...it will not do anything i tell ezscan to do now.

RedBase1

????????????? What does my Step 7 tell Redbase to do?
Swipesy....step 7 , ok i go to Scanner/SD Card...clicked on Copy Config to Scanner Mem/SD Card.........then a box pops up , with folders i have named with black boxes , some on some off... copy/delete....for example . if there is 3 boxes , say named air, weather , ships ok.... suppose i want to use ships , i would click , turn off the box. air and weather....click on ships (make box black square) then click ok.....then it says... copys freqs. After few secs , says Copy Complete and tx powers on itself. ( I do have tx power off during import and set up process)

Swipesy

It sounds like your Scanner and EZScan are not talking to each other. Are you able to set the time on the Scanner with EZScan? Try this and see if it works.

1. Turn Scanner off
2. Unplug scanner from the PC and wait about 30 seconds.
3. With scanner turned off plug the scanner back into the USB port on PC and wait for the PC to ding that the Scanner has been recognized. If no ding you may have a connection problem. You should be able to see the Scanner as a drive letter on the PC. With Windows Explorer or Device Manager the Scanner should show.
4. In Ezscan, click on Scanner/SD Card and Select set Scanner to PC time. If it does set the time you are connected. If it does not set the time try it a few times again by reclicking set time. It may work. If it does not work then you need to go through some steps to get the PC to recognized the scanner hardware.
5. If you can set time then follow my step # 7 very closely.

Let us know your results.

RedBase1

It sounds like your Scanner and EZScan are not talking to each other. Are you able to set the time on the Scanner with EZScan? Try this and see if it works.

1. Turn Scanner off
2. Unplug scanner from the PC and wait about 30 seconds.
3. With scanner turned off plug the scanner back into the USB port on PC and wait for the PC to ding that the Scanner has been recognized. If no ding you may have a connection problem. You should be able to see the Scanner as a drive letter on the PC. With Windows Explorer or Device Manager the Scanner should show.
4. In Ezscan, click on Scanner/SD Card and Select set Scanner to PC time. If it does set the time you are connected. If it does not set the time try it a few times again by reclicking set time. It may work. If it does not work then you need to go through some steps to get the PC to recognized the scanner hardware.
5. If you can set time then follow my step # 7 very closely.

Let us know your results.

Yer i can set time on scanner ok....that part works. Mon 13th Jan 2020 18:46pm .Correct time here now uk time

Swipesy

Redbase 1, see pictures below. This is what you should see when copying EZScan to Scanner

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 19

RedBase1

Cheers for the attachment .... i appreaciate it thanks a lot swipesy ( my name Colin BTW)

Swipesy

Colin,

Make sure when your get to Pic 2 that the Drive that shows in Window matches your PC/Scanner drive. If not, rescan and use pull down menu to select correct drive letter.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.