TRX-1: Anyone have a LARGE HAMMER!!!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swipesy

N1GAW instead of you trying to run up your posting score why don't you only post new information instead of posting comments that already have been stated?

RedBase1

Thanks for all your kind help and understanding guys. I will keep at it and follow all your advice and tips
At least now have 1 scan list complete and it makes a noise lol
Best Regards Guys
Cheers
Colin

MichaelBhere

Hi N1 , yer i doing that now cheers .

I can probably make this real easy for you.

You can contact Moonraker in the UK as they have a configuration all ready to go and can send it to you on a Micro SD card.

Or you follow the steps outlined below and do it yourself.

The first thing you should do is to convert your TRX-1 to a TRX-1E
This give you access to other frequencies and service searches not offered by the TRX-1
You can do this by downloading and installing the TRX-1E EZ Scan PC app from Whistlers website link below
Select the file named TRX-1eInstall_3.35.0.675

Once installed, select Update > Check for PC Application Updates, if one is found download it to your pc, then install it to your pc. (Follow the prompts that are given)

Once the TRX-1E EZ scan has been updated, connect the scanner to your pc, wait 10 seconds, then update the CPU. (Do not touch anything until it says Done on your PC).

Once that is completed, copy the attached configuration to your pc then using the TRX-1E EZ Scan pc app select File > Restore Configuration from Archive

Once the Archive has loaded to the PC Application, you will need to write it to your scanner by selecting Scanner/SD Card > Copy Configuration to Scanner Memory/SD Card

Let it finish

When everything is done, disconnect scanner fro pc, power it on (will take a couple of minutes due to the extensive list of Airband frequencies in Scanlist 1 that is appropriately labeled Airband.

When it is ready, press Scan.

If Airband is not of interest to you, shut Scanlist 1 off and your scanner will power on much quicker.

There are 9 other Scanists already set up and labeled for recognition.

Attachments

• RedBase1.zip
    164.2 KB · Views: 12

RedBase1

That's excellent thanks for that. Sounds easy enough reading , I am quite techy so should,nt be a prob. I have uninstalled the tx1 and installing the tx1 E version now.

For info..I have installed and removed the normal tx version 2 times since started trying to use the ezscan thinking I was using wrong version or I had missed something drivers etc.
Also this morning when I woke up this morning I was thinking what swipesy said. .and the tx does not seem to be listening to the pc telling it what to do. Can set time to tx from pc so that's ok.

The prob is guys...last nite with the help from swipesy and hn1 I think it was , I did eventually get 1 scanlist freqs in on the radio but it will only do that once .No matter what I do and how many times I try to get more freqs into the radio it won't work. Scanlist enabled all checks ok and doubled checked again. Everything looks good but once get message on pc screen " Copy Complete" Scanner will power on..When I pick up radio .I check scanlist , check any objects and it always says Empty Scanlist.

So is it going thru the process but when finished it has done actually bugga all lol
Maybe it don't like me screaming at it :)

MichaelBhere

It's early morning here in UK. Need a coffee first then try again today. Thanks guys for all your excellent support and taking time to read and message back. Appreciate it guys

Follow the steps I outlined above, it contains thousands of frequencies across 10 preset scanlists.
This will give you plenty to get you started.

Once you learn more and feel more comfortable to make edits, you can modify the existing program in EZ Scan then write it to your radio.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Colin, If you want to be able to turn off and on "scanlists" while scanning and not have to reboot or reload, then you should be only using "cdat". Only use V-Folders when you want completely different settings altogether. V-Folders are like having a completely different "Scanner".

MichaelBhere

Colin, If you want to be able to turn off and on "scanlists" while scanning and not have to reboot or reload, then you should be only using "cdat". Only use V-Folders when you want completely different settings altogether. V-Folders are like having a completely different "Scanner".

It is best that we not confuse Colin with more than he needs to get started at the moment. Once he is up and running, he can take his time to learn the ins and outs of creating V-Folders and what benefit if any this may have depending on how he chooses to use his scanner.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
MichaelBhere, If you look at Posts 33 and 37, it appears that Colin is using different V-folders instead of different Scanlists. That is what I thought anyway. If Colin wants to be able to listen to London and New Castle at the same time, then they need to be in the same cdat directory. London in one scanlist and New Castle in another scanlist and so on.

RedBase1

Colin, I sent you a PM yesterday.
Got PM thanks (y)

RedBase1

Hi guys . just a update how I am progressing and learning the tx1. I can now make folders , make and name scanlists , use the conv tab gen tabs settings.
Now have 1 scan list /scan set installed on and in the tx.

Can i now ask how do i make and install another set of freqs into the tx? This is the part i have attempted few times to do and for some odd reason it deletes the freqs already installed.

So at moment...on scanlist 1 ....i have a folder or scanlist (what ever correct name it is) is named MED1 with nationwide freqs (very happy lol )

I would now like to send / import a diff type of freqs to #2 named Air. (But so it does not delete the #1 Med1 freqs if that possible. How would i do that.?

Basically the way i have used radios in past (my first radio was the pro43 from Tandys Shop in the 1970s-80s Loved it and sat in my garden finding hundereds of freqs. (Bring back the good days yer ? ) I have since owned alinco djx-11 , ubc125xlt , and now the tx1. I was going buy the ubc125xlt. But thought as everything has now changed to digi it would be intresting and fun to find and listen to hopefully new freqs.

Everyone have a good day / night
Colin

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Hello Colin. To add another "scanlist", on the general settings tab, change the default where I highlighted before adding new frequencies. keep changing the default until you have all of the "scanlists" that you want and then load to scanner.
TRX3.png

RedBase1

Hello Colin. To add another "scanlist", on the general settings tab, change the default where I highlighted before adding new frequencies. keep changing the default until you have all of the "scanlists" that you want and then load to scanner.
View attachment 79148
View attachment 79148
Hi Gary ..Thanks for the 2 att pics. These are a great help cheers. I am studying and following them. I see now yeahhh , that's what I was doing wrong. the damn default box. Is that why my #1 on tx1 was getting deleted/overwritten when I was sending freqs to #2 ?

I still have #1 named MED1....now #1 is in the tx and showing and scanning I want to forget that for a while . Want to do the same method , and put some diff freqs in #2 I dunno...lets call it Air 1 for example , civ air freqs.
How do I start? I can get as far as copy/paste to conv tab...then get bit lost
Thanks Gary

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Yes, change the default to [2], name it Air 1, then paste your frequencies to the conventional tab. After pasting your frequencies in Air 1, I would go ahead back to the General Settings tab and change the default to [3]. I always try to keep the default set to the next (empty) Scanlist, so that I do not overwrite what I have saved.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
After you have as many scanlists programmed in the software that you want at the time, then copy configuration to scanner. Be sure to leave the default set to an empty scanlist so that if you enter a frequency from the scanner, it will not interfere with your scanlists.

RedBase1

Hi Guys..sorry to seem like pain butt lol but still having a tiny prob programming with the tx1.
Have read all your posts thanks for them and followed all instructions step by step.
However...once i do have some freqs installed on the radio and try install a new set of freqs it deletes the first batch of freqs. (Did have #1 installed on radio untill 5 mins agoand now there gone. ( have checked and there enabled) Also no objects listed btw

Now i have no freqs at all again on the radio arrrgggghh.
Sat 4 hours trying to install air freqs into #20.
I did as gh6406 said in this post (sorry not know your name) thanks for your post

This radio is driving me crazy hahahaha arrrggghhhh :-((

eyes00only

Seems like you're not doing a 'New Configuration'. Whenever you've made a V Folder you need to save it and then start
another one by creating a New Configuration.

Attachments

• Forum.png
    Forum.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.