Anyone have any luck setting up non-affiliate scan on AWIN???

Status
Not open for further replies.

slobonmycob

Know-Nothingism
I have a Motorola XTS2500 and I'm curious if anyone here has successfully programmed their radio to NON-affiliate scanning???

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
That radio will be pretty much useless with the upgrade to the newest ASTRO-25 version, and switchover to TDMA. If your going to use a Motorola on AWIN after 2020, you will have to go up to an APX.

slobonmycob

Know-Nothingism
f
That radio will be pretty much useless with the upgrade to the newest ASTRO-25 version, and switchover to TDMA. If your going to use a Motorola on AWIN after 2020, you will have to go up to an APX.

Ah, ya i'll pass, Motorola radios honestly aren't the best for scanning multiple TG's (I've noticed some people in other forums make them out to be way better then they actually are) my scanner works ****ing awesome and the audio is just as clear **if not better.

What confuses me though is when conversations about simulcast systems take place, users mention being able to "only be able to hear TG's with a radio affiliating with the site/system". When talking about a radio affiliating with a site, can it be any site on the system since there's multiple??

An example to better understand: my county (to my knowledge) has at least four sites(or towers), if a radio affiliates with just one of the four sites, anything transmitted from that radio can be heard on all four towers. So the scanner user doesn't need to try and scan all four sites to hear everything, users could just scan the closet site and still hear all the traffic taking place on the towers. Is this correct? And if not please explain :)

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
f

Ah, ya i'll pass, Motorola radios honestly aren't the best for scanning multiple TG's (I've noticed some people in other forums make them out to be way better then they actually are) my scanner works ****ing awesome and the audio is just as clear **if not better.

What confuses me though is when conversations about simulcast systems take place, users mention being able to "only be able to hear TG's with a radio affiliating with the site/system". When talking about a radio affiliating with a site, can it be any site on the system since there's multiple??

An example to better understand: my county (to my knowledge) has at least four sites(or towers), if a radio affiliates with just one of the four sites, anything transmitted from that radio can be heard on all four towers. So the scanner user doesn't need to try and scan all four sites to hear everything, users could just scan the closet site and still hear all the traffic taking place on the towers. Is this correct? And if not please explain :)

It is very possible to miss traffic if you only scan one site vs all that you can receive.

That said, in a county you will likely have multiple radios on the same TG but affiliated with different sites...meaning, all 4 sites have at least 1 radio affiliated with it at a time that is on that particular TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.